• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shovel1966

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There is another current threat on this forum about the best jig to finish an 80% AR lower. This post is completely unrelated, but inspired me to write this one.

Does anyone here remember the jigless lower that had all three holes indexed and ready for drilling? It also had the fire control group pocket and trigger hole in white color instead of black. Drill it, mill it, or even finish it with a handheld rotary toll such as a Drexel. Just remove the “white” area and leave the black.

It’s funny, but they were even made with Safe, Fire, and Auto markings by the selector switch.
    fb03678474cde207982d988cd659b230.jpg

c5308351af697c441aea1981053d26c8.jpg

caf12a8c1fd06e48dcf6ca4e16c128a6.jpg

03cac82c80e744b5d79ea391dcd2e832.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Why bother when you can get a new frontier CF lower for 23$ just have that pesky paperwork. I want 10 of em just don't want the transfer fees, that cost more than the lowers.lol

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Pretty sure the company restarted back up making 80s without the biscuit of material. Apparently the atf had decided the colored piece being a separated step in the injection molding process was a bit too big of a screw you to them .

And honestly part of it is just why not. Rarely do I see lowers actually in stock and between work schedule and everything it's a right pita.

Shovel1966

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Pretty sure the company restarted back up making 80s without the biscuit of material. Apparently the atf had decided the colored piece being a separated step in the injection molding process was a bit too big of a screw you to them .

And honestly part of it is just why not. Rarely do I see lowers actually in stock and between work schedule and everything it's a right pita.
    EP Armory manufactured the polymer "biscuit and indexed" lowers for Ares Armor. Shortly afterward, the BATFE reversed their decision and reclassified the "biscuit" model a firearm and NOT an 80%. Ares Armor had a large inventory of these leading to them being raided by the feds. This company does not exist anymore. EP Armory, however, moved from CA to Texas and has expanded their company and grown significantly.

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I've had some out of spec stuff with ep. Swapped to p80 and no issues.

Top Bottom