• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Overtime

Fear the Wombat!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Another great guy that didn’t contribute much but was on the forum lurking several hours a day was Bo Smith, aka Recoil. Him and his dad had a small gun shop on the west side called Coastal guns and ammo. A big guy with an even bigger heart. He passed November of 2020.

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I have met most all of the ones that has been mention at some time in the past, all of them in some way, are the other , had some thing special to contribute. I get asked all the time what I'm going to do with my stuff in my shop are when I'm go clean it up, I tell them i'm going to let some one else worry about that , so long as they are cleaning it up they will be thinking and talking about me. That is going to be my legacy.

MAY ALL RIP AND THAT IS MY 100 CENTS

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I didn't know about Snowbird, great guy. His name was Elmer Demoss, I remember Stanley's 50 cal made him bleed at JJ's, and he had the biggest smile on his face for the photo.

I remember that incident…fun had by all that day. Wow, it was like 10 yrs ago.

RevSteve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    With a very sad heart I am letting everyone know that Corey Truitt has passed away. He had two profiles on here cmtoef11b and CTConcepts. He worked with me at TGD for a bit and had his own side gig with stippling. He was a very creative person and was interesting at times. He had a heart of gold and will be missed by many. He had a wife and 5 kids that he left behind. I will add a link to his gofundme for his children. Losing someone so close to the holidays makes thing even more difficult. Send some prayers and love their way.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I'll second RevSteve, I personally knew Corey outside of the forum and he was a good friend and loved his wife and kids. We shared some good conversations about his tours overseas and the mind struggle that comes with that. He will certainly be missed. Here's a picture of his stipple and cerakoate work, still one of my favorite..
    20221114_133546.jpg

RevSteve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Viewing will be this Thursday 11/17/22 at 11 and the Funeral at 12 at Faith Chapel in Cantonment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    With a very sad heart I am letting everyone know that Corey Truitt has passed away. He had two profiles on here cmtoef11b and CTConcepts. He worked with me at TGD for a bit and had his own side gig with stippling. He was a very creative person and was interesting at times. He had a heart of gold and will be missed by many. He had a wife and 5 kids that he left behind. I will add a link to his gofundme for his children. Losing someone so close to the holidays makes thing even more difficult. Send some prayers and love their way.

Corey looked kinda young…sorry to hear of his passing.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Had no idea Alan had passed. I've picked up a couple revolvers from him over the years as well as a tac14 and a Remington 1100 20ga that I will probably never let go of. I'll blast off a few rounds this weekend in his honor.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I just noticed the blue “Emeritus” tab/banner on Fanner50’s account and posts.

I think it’s nice.

SAWMAN still needs his.
    I haven’t looked back at other profiles.

Edit to clarify: that’s what the blue “Emeritus” is for, isn’t it? Or does it signify something else entirely?

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0

God speed Jack, and deepest most heartfelt condolences to all his family and friends. Deeply touched I got a chance to meet Jack and his family, and maybe helped in some small way.

Flounder Hounder

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

God speed Jack, and deepest most heartfelt condolences to all his family and friends. Deeply touched I got a chance to meet Jack and his family, and maybe helped in some small way.
    All,
    Please remember this family in your thoughts and prayers. My heart is breaking for them. I know we had a few sales to raise money for this family but I'm sure that the medical and other expenses are overwhelming. There is a Go Fund Me account set up. I'm sure any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Prayers for the family.

Top Bottom