• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flow

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok so I was eleven years old when the 94 weapons ban happened. I was too young to remember or be knowledgeable about what happened exactly but I cannot find any info in regards to if it was still possible to buy bcgs and other gun parts. If anyone would be kind enough to fill in my knowledge gap I could know what to spend my money on and what could wait. I don't trust the liberals to not get rid of the filibuster and I am preparing accordingly. Was it still possible to buy replacement parts for existing rifles preban or how did that work?

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    The ar craze wasn't as big back then. You didn't have near the number of manufacturers at the time and the internet was nothing like it is today. They were out there, but usually expensive. Post ban, they really caught on and were seen everytime you went to the range

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

flow

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The information just wasn't as plentiful as it is now so probably not an easy answer is what I'm hearing in addition to what you said above. Theres so many suppliers now I'm just going to hope it won't effect parts

Southalabama

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Who knows what it will be this time.

Last time got into a lot of features on evil guns

Black guns bad. Russian and Chinese guns bad. Yadda yadda.

Magazines limited on capacity. Shotguns limited on capacity.

If I were a young man facing the current situation I’d buy mags for guns I own and guns I want to own. Receivers are still available I’d put up an AR set or two.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Ok so I was eleven years old when the 94 weapons ban happened. I was too young to remember or be knowledgeable about what happened exactly but I cannot find any info in regards to if it was still possible to buy bcgs and other gun parts. If anyone would be kind enough to fill in my knowledge gap I could know what to spend my money on and what could wait. I don't trust the liberals to not get rid of the filibuster and I am preparing accordingly. Was it still possible to buy replacement parts for existing rifles preban or how did that work?
    I believe that Colts AR-15 patent had just expired in the mid 80’s and that’s when small upstart companies like Bushmaster, DPMS, Olympic Arms and some others filled the overpriced Colt SP-1 gap. I don’t recall companies selling individual parts, but you also have to remember that the internet as we all know it was in its infancy also. The black rifle craze didn’t really start in earnest until the AWB sun set. Others may need to chime in to fill in some gaps...

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Buried in Pulic Law 103-322 of Sep 1, 1994 (H.R.3355) - Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 is Title XI Firearms, Subtitle A Assault Weapons, "Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act".

Short answer is AWs were still identified as "firearms" meaning the Serialized receiver is the controlled part of the "end item" Assault weapon. Since an AR lower has provisions for a pistol grip and magazine outide the grip, thost two Strikes banned those receivers too. There wasn't a huge 80% receiver build craze back then. The only "Parts" generically identified were "high capacity feeding devices/magazines. Its good to understand how bad the AWB was but it shouldn't be considered as any type of "limit" on what future gun control /AWB crap will come down the road.

You can download Text in PDF at Link. Scroll down to browser page 202 (+-).

Southalabama

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don’t model your purchases of what was to today’s proposals. I think anti gunners learned a lesson about features and they won’t make that mistake again.

Notice how they use buzz words. “Common sense gun reform”. It’s neither but it makes the public feel warm and fuzzy.

Biden gun agenda was on his campaign website and some Bloomberg group still putting out studies and manifestos. Buried in one was the fact that home reloaders weren’t regulated.

Everything is on the table.

Obviously money is a factor in preparations. I’d still suggest mags.

If trump executive ordered ban on bump stocks I would think Biden will do other things short of bans.

flow

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've decided to get a few more mags and an ar10 reciever. I know I want a 308 rifle but I don't know if I want it to be semiautomatic. I don't think I have a lot of time to screw around tho. They are crazy

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I couldn’t afford an exotic black rifle then. Got a Ruger Mini 14 and mags
    The difference back in the early 90’s between a Colt SP1 vs a Ruger Mini-14 if I recall was around $200-250. I know because I drooled over both deciding what to get but as a then young Marine Sergeant (E-5) with three little ones... completely out of our budget back then. I think the Ruger was running a bit over $500 back then...

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I've decided to get a few more mags and an ar10 reciever. I know I want a 308 rifle but I don't know if I want it to be semiautomatic. I don't think I have a lot of time to screw around tho. They are crazy
    I've thought about the Kali-key setup with an ar10. Makes the gun basically a straight pull bolt action instead of semi auto. Was designed to make ars commiefornia compliant. But Ar10s are an entirely different animal when building compared to an ar15

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom