• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpitFire

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Folks,

I have a question on reloads. Is IDPA now a slide lock only reload game? Rule below.

3.4.6 Shooters may not perform a reload which results in a magazine (or loose rounds) being left behind after there
    was an unfired cartridge in the chamber, magazine, or cylinder at the time the reload was initiated. When done
    intentionally, this is commonly known as a “speed reload”, but doing this unintentionally is still illegal and will
    result in a Procedural Error penalty being issued.

So I am assuming that a "tactical" or "speed" reload which retains the mag with a loaded chamber and the shooter reloads while moving to the next position is not allowed anymore? I have forwarded a rules clarification to our area coordinator.

Thanks!

SpitFire

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    From Mike Osban,

Yes this type of reload is still legal. It is a tactical reload. If you do a tactical reload you must put the magazine on your person if it has rounds in it or if it’s empty with an unused round in the chamber. They just mean you cannot drop an empty mag on the ground with an unused round still in the chamber. I hope this clears it up.

That is pretty clear to me! Thanks Mike!!

Eddie

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Seldom is any method "the way."

I've never been instructed that a tacload was recommended during a pitched firefight.

If you read a little farther in the IDPA rulebook you'll find reloads, either slidelock or tac, may not be mandated.

Latest posts

Top Bottom