• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Finally got in touch with Pops now that he has power again...he is off Bayshore..had 2' of water in the downstairs....that Cartier with less than 30K is gone....good thing is they are OK.

Sal111

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm 20 miles east of Sanibel. We had 135 mph winds but very little rain. Pine island bridge also wiped out. I sold my house on Fort Myers Beach 2years ago and moce out. Lady called yesterday and said it was a total loss.
    Lee county Sheriff Marceno said the death toll is in the 40s,expected to be over 100 in our county. It's devastating.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Yeah, I had a cousin from AZ call me all concerned. She wanted to know if I was all right. She saw a report that all of FL was affected by the hurricane and there was "complete destruction" everywhere.
    There are still Americans who don't know that some of the Florida Panhandle is in the Central time zone. I ran into this after some former co-workers from Maine were riding to Florida and wanted to come visit me, just to be shocked that I lived 5 hours east of their destination in a different time zone and yet was still in Florida :)

Last edited:

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Now our esteemed vice prez wants to distribute hurricane relief based on "equity"!!!!!! I just cannot believe what is coming out of the mouths of te people in this administration.

The White House is remaining silent on Vice President Kamala Harris' recent claim that the Biden administration should take "equity" into account when divvying up federal disaster aid.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Completed the trip to Winter Haven Fl LEGOLAND with the redheaded Grandson. Reservations & accommodations got all scrambled. The Beach Resort was/is closed. Those that didn't require handicap access got shifted to the LEGOLAND Pirate Hotel. GMA & I ended up at the Quality/Econo Lodge and they had Government Conscripts filling all the Handicap Accessible rooms. Can't wait until I get the request for an online evaluation..........(it shall more than tell them the suck) Needless to say all the Quality & or Econo Lodges shall be removed from further bookings this year. Not to mention that at least half of LEGOLAND was currently unavailable.

But to the crux of the biscuit! Saturday Night 2330 looters with electric pass keys got into the rooms on either side of ours. They attempted to force the adjoining room door which I had locked and barricaded. The comfort test on my short barreled 9mm Hellcat came up a bit on the wrong side. Sure was wishing I had brought the 45 ACP Glock 21SF. But since the looters where in a hurry to escape the security staff, the impediments to a quick smash & grab meant that I didn't need to expend any 9mm rounds. But GMA didn't sleep well that night either.

Fodderwing

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Completed the trip to Winter Haven Fl LEGOLAND with the redheaded Grandson. Reservations & accommodations got all scrambled. The Beach Resort was/is closed. Those that didn't require handicap access got shifted to the LEGOLAND Pirate Hotel. GMA & I ended up at the Quality/Econo Lodge and they had Government Conscripts filling all the Handicap Accessible rooms. Can't wait until I get the request for an online evaluation..........(it shall more than tell them the suck) Needless to say all the Quality & or Econo Lodges shall be removed from further bookings this year. Not to mention that at least half of LEGOLAND was currently unavailable.

But to the crux of the biscuit! Saturday Night 2330 looters with electric pass keys got into the rooms on either side of ours. They attempted to force the adjoining room door which I had locked and barricaded. The comfort test on my short barreled 9mm Hellcat came up a bit on the wrong side. Sure was wishing I had brought the 45 ACP Glock 21SF. But since the looters where in a hurry to escape the security staff, the impediments to a quick smash & grab meant that I didn't need to expend any 9mm rounds. But GMA didn't sleep well that night either.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

GMA got her welcome to Florida lesson back when I was a Active Duty Second Class PO, when she left my S&W 1st Gen Model 29 44 Mag in the suitcase at a Super 8. But it's been a while since she has visited less than 4 star digs for more than a one night stay. Then again, forty years ago I'd have left everything open and just slid the thumb safety of the 1911. Time & Tide, along with charges change out looks? Yet I'm still of the opinion that GMA & I would have walked away from the encounter even if I may have expended a few 15 round mags at the Econo Lodge! Those 147 9mm Winchester Defender rounds have been known to stop a threat or two! But I have more experience with Good Old .45 ACP rounds. LOL Emergency conditions tend to take us all back to basic survival. Survival situations where even higher further west along the I-4 from Winter Haven. IAN did a lot of damage.

Last edited:

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey, guess what. Booking.com doesn't want to post my review. They don't want it known that there wasn't a handicap accessible room available at the Winter Haven Fl Quality/Economy Lodge that they accepted my reservations and payment for. They won't post that I had to prepare an armed response to protect my Handicapped Spouse as a disabled Retired Veteran in a room forced upon Us because Booking.com failed to produce the handicapped accessible room that we booked and paid for through their service. OPPs, perhaps I shouldn't have named names for such gross business failures?

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dang man, in none of my 26 storms before I retired did I hafta stay anywhere but a hotel room. We did drive 90 miles each way in North Carolina for 2 weeks though.
    How long will y’all be down there?
    Headed to Marco Island this morning and "should be" released Friday, maybe. Day 13 right now...

Top Bottom