• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My tags expire in Sept so I just renewed on line. I got charged a Convenience fee + $8.85 for using my credit card.

Hopefully in a week or so I get my tags in the mail.

Last edited:

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Did the same back in May. Was told by the pace office it had to be done online. Said after I did it online I could pick up the sticker in an hour or just have them mail it. I opted for the mailing since I didn’t wanna drive back to them.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Email reply at 10 pm
    Thank you for submitting registration renewal requests using RenewExpress™. We will receive the results of your requests from the DHSMV on the next business day, at which point your payment method will be charged the full amount of the renewals. You will receive a confirmation email when your payment has been processed. If a renewal is rejected, you will receive an email notice and your payment method will not be charged or will be refunded for the amount of the renewal that was rejected.

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have a DV plate and I paid more in fees plus the credit card then my sticker even cost. My DV plate is only like 4.95 or so to renew so because of the changes I paid almost 4 times as much then normally

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I went down to the Pace office the other day to get new tags. I was told I had to go home, get on the computer to order and pay, then I could come back to pick them up or have them mailed.
    I looked around at the half a dozen clerks sitting around and repeated what they just told me in question form and they said that’s right. Ridiculous but I went home, ordered them and had them mailed to my house.
    They wanted to hit me with a big “convenience fee” for using a credit card so I did the e-check.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I seldom use an echeck. I do not give out bank account information except the credit card companies since that is how I pay them.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a DV plate and I paid more in fees plus the credit card then my sticker even cost. My DV plate is only like 4.95 or so to renew so because of the changes I paid almost 4 times as much then normally

Yeah, I've got the DV tag also, wife did it in person back in Dec when it was due.

Plus being a 100% DV, my driver license is pretty much free I did it online in Dec and don't remember what I paid (In person I just have to pay the taxes and fees, normally around $4.00 or so).

I just did my hunting/fishing license renewal online also, its free if I go into the office. But doing it online and the fact I opted for the plastic versus paper license, I paid $8.00 for it. Still cheaper than I would have paid if not for being a DV.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You have to actually pay the credit card company?
    Yes I do. But if the wrong people get ahold of your checking account number, they can steal all. The credit card company is an intermediary that I pay them for a service. Part of that service is I get to review and if needed to dispute all charges. Same reason I do not use the other card type that directly debits my account. Once the money is gone from your account, getting it back from india, russia, or where ever is not so easy.
    I very seldom use checks anymore since they do bear an account number.

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Yes I do. But if the wrong people get ahold of your checking account number, they can steal all. The credit card company is an intermediary that I pay them for a service. Part of that service is I get to review and if needed to dispute all charges. Same reason I do not use the other card type that directly debits my account. Once the money is gone from your account, getting it back from india, russia, or where ever is not so easy.
    I very seldom use checks anymore since they do bear an account number.
    I gotcha, my comment was in-jest. The only two cards I have are my checking card and one credit card both from navy fed so paying the credit card is simple. Matter of fact is so simple I don’t even do it. One reason I have a wife lmao

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    It's absolutely ridiculous the fees they charge but the government isn't eating the credit card fees. That said, it's completely worth doing it in the comfort of your home and not having to set foot near that place.

Last edited:

BSmitty

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    you can do tag renewals through their drive thru window also...I'm always opt for the internet renewal for my convenience though.

lees way2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It is odd to me that i can use my card at Tomb Thumb grocery stores ect, but if I go to a county office they jack me for fees. As above checks cost me money to get and send. Cards are good till ya deal with Santarosa Co.

tritonboy2001

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I went down to the Pace office the other day to get new tags. I was told I had to go home, get on the computer to order and pay, then I could come back to pick them up or have them mailed.
    I looked around at the half a dozen clerks sitting around and repeated what they just told me in question form and they said that’s right. Ridiculous but I went home, ordered them and had them mailed to my house.
    They wanted to hit me with a big “convenience fee” for using a credit card so I did the e-check.

The point Im upset with, is they are refusing to renew in person, forcing you to renew online, if you don't renew online youll get a ticket, but when you renew online they charge you a conv fee. That is some BS.. Since the gov't is waiving everything else they can waive these fees, Also, the clerks that work at the DMV don't realize it, but precedent is being set that their job is really not that critical if it can be done online. It wouldn't suprise me that in the near future we see some jobs cut in favor of online tag renewal etc Just look at Wally world in Pace, the self checkout is now expanded to well over half of the cashier stations, jobs lost there I imagine..

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    The point Im upset with, is they are refusing to renew in person, forcing you to renew online, if you don't renew online youll get a ticket, but when you renew online they charge you a conv fee. That is some BS.. Since the gov't is waiving everything else they can waive these fees, Also, the clerks that work at the DMV don't realize it, but precedent is being set that their job is really not that critical if it can be done online. It wouldn't suprise me that in the near future we see some jobs cut in favor of online tag renewal etc Just look at Wally world in Pace, the self checkout is now expanded to well over half of the cashier stations, jobs lost there I imagine..
    Exactly

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I renewed mine on line yesterday, August 3rd. I did echeck, no convenience or bank fee. I trust it as much as I trust anything. My sticker will be mailed to me. I just renewed Sam's Club on line too. I love the convenience.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    It was on the news that Wal Mart has just opened their first cashier less store. No cashiers at all. The story went on to say that their goal is to have all stores cashier less in the future. With robots doing the stocking, the stores of the future will probably have five or less employees per shift. And, the rich will get richer and the poor will get poorer. Learn a trade, that's where the money will be.

tritonboy2001

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sad to think that in the near future, majority of people will not be working, and yet, the Gov't will find a way to give them money each month. Also, HS kids and college kids looking for a job to help them with money will not be able to which is sad to think about..

Latest posts

Top Bottom