• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Just wanted to share this build for anyone with Hi Point 45 pistols! Been working on this JHP 45 and one of the mods made is the Thingmeister Fabrications 1911 mag catch. Anyone who owns one of these pistols should consider grabbing one of these. Swapping parts took 5 minutes start to finish and 1911 mags fit and lock perfect. The last round slide lock is also functional. These also work on thr Hi Point 4595 carbine, but be advised that they do not function in the Hightower Conversion :(

Attachments

• 20220713_123302.jpg
      20220713_123302.jpg
      439.1 KB · Views: 85
    • 20220713_123327.jpg
      20220713_123327.jpg
      804.2 KB · Views: 81

Grits1/5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    I love the idea! Take an ugly and unreliable pistol and convert it take unreliable magazines! unless you buy $40 Chip McCormick magazines for a $200 pistol I’m just teasing you, I don’t badmouth someone’s guns. The best thing about high point firearms is their social media, they post awesome memes!

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Just curious Grits, have you experienced an unreliable highpoint? I have a 9mm carbine that I bought at a gun show close to 20 years ago for $155. It has always worked and is surprisingly accurate. Yes it’s ugly, looks like a toy, has nuts and bolts holding the pot metal together but it works.

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Just curious Grits, have you experienced an unreliable highpoint? I have a 9mm carbine that I bought at a gun show close to 20 years ago for $155. It has always worked and is surprisingly accurate. Yes it’s ugly, looks like a toy, has nuts and bolts holding the pot metal together but it works.
    It's funny, you never hear people who own them say they are unreliable. The only guys with unreliable Hi Points are the ones who never owned them!

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Just like a KelTec

Grits1/5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Telling a High Point owner that High Points are unreliable, is like telling a parent that they have an ugly child
    I was joking in my previous post, by picking on High Point, because everyone picks on high point. In all honesty, I have never owned or fired a high point, so I have no experience to base my opinion on. I actually have heard some people say that their’s have been pretty reliable.

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Telling a High Point owner that High Points are unreliable, is like telling a parent that they have an ugly child
    I was joking in my previous post, by picking on High Point, because everyone picks on high point. In all honesty, I have never owned or fired a high point, so I have no experience to base my opinion on. I actually have heard some people say that their’s have been pretty reliable.
    I took it as a joke haha. As it happens, it'll be running Wilson Combat mags. Don't own a 1911 but for some reason I had a couple of these things laying around.

Also, I like to think Hi Point fans can take and dish a joke. We did name their newest model the Yeet Cannon after all.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    They work well because the hi points are Russian Makarov clones, which are die hard and battle tested. I might reconsider getting one of these 45 carbines now too. I got a 45 hi point pistol in trade years ago and sold it because of the proprietary mags. 1911 mags tip the scales

Top Bottom