• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wish for and hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th of July.

Since 19 April 1775 until 04 Jul 2020 the price of earning that freedom and keeping that freedom has been paid by the blood of America's finest.

Freedom has never been free.....

Total of 1,354,664+ dead (666,441+ combat deaths and 673,929+ non-combat)
    Total of 1,498,240+ wounded
    Total of 40,031+ unaccounted

Grand Total of 2,892,935+ dead, wounded and missing.

Please take into account that some of your neighbors might be veterans that suffer from PTSD, and the sound of fireworks going off right outside their houses might be enough to trigger nightmares and bring memories to the surface that they are not capable of handling. Understand I am all for celebrating this holiday, and I too love seeing fireworks. But some common courtesy and respect goes a long ways, and could mean the world to a combat veteran. Again everyone have a happy and safe 4th, and take a moment to reflect on the price paid, that allows you to continue to enjoy your day.

olecarver

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Happy 4th O July fellow sportsman families and friends. Light up our skies and brng smiles to our loved ones, but most of all keep it safe keep it real but most of all keep it real fun ... from olecarver an family to yours

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I will be hoasting a couple young sailors stationed at NASP,going to school. They are unable to make it home on leave and we will have a BBQ for them. My mom and dad did this every year that I spent away. Sometimes they had 10 sailors. They would go out to NAS and pick them up because back then hsrdly anybody could afford a car. The neighbors would come over with food and set up games,chairs,tables,etc. Then,help get them all back to the base. I was away every year and my mom told me that they did this in remembrance of me.
    No rain . . . PLEASE !! --- SAWMAN

Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had an Aunt and Uncle that would host what they called Flyboys back in the sixties made for a lot of great family friends back then. One of them was shot down and never recovered,I still have one of the Bracelets with his name on it. Rip Joe Dunn . My hat is off to you Sawman for doing this. Have a Happy 4th of July.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Happy 4th of July everyone. It's been my pleasure to serve and defend our way of life here in the United States. Sadly its now my time to step aside and turn it over to the young bucks. Hopefully we still have enough Patriots left in the Amry to preserve what I and many, many others have fought for.

Doc

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I will be hoasting a couple young sailors stationed at NASP,going to school. They are unable to make it home on leave and we will have a BBQ for them. My mom and dad did this every year that I spent away. Sometimes they had 10 sailors. They would go out to NAS and pick them up because back then hsrdly anybody could afford a car. The neighbors would come over with food and set up games,chairs,tables,etc. Then,help get them all back to the base. I was away every year and my mom told me that they did this in remembrance of me.
    No rain . . . PLEASE !! --- SAWMAN

My dad was career AF so was my father in law, so both families would host the single and unaccompanied GIs over to the house for New Year's, Easter, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas or just for no reason. There would be tons of food, drinks, couches and a spare room for those who enjoyed themselves too much. My dad was also a unit designated driver (Voluntarily), so at any hour they could call him and he would come and get them and take them back to the barracks.

When the wife and I got married we continued that tradition, even to this day. We even did the designated driver bit.

I have fond memories of listening to stories that I shouldn't have been hearing at that age, and of having some pretty interesting people around the house as I grew up.

Thank you for reminding me of these fun times from my youth.....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom