• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Michael888

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Idiotic State and Federal laws have to go and we can do it.

I was being called frequently to serve on a jury, and the last time I sat in a jury pool for a 19 something year old whose "crime" was "distributing" pot and was caught with something like 1/4 ounce over the legal limit for personal use which made him a trafficker. After the voir dire typical questions they ask "is there anyone who has an issue that may preclude their sitting on this jury"?

I raised my hand, stood and said loudly, "You're wasting MY time with this kid arrested for smoking FLOWERS, you want to ruin his life, when you let child molesters and murderers out of prison for GOOD behavior? REALLY?" I WILL NOT VOTE TO CONVICT anyone of smoking flowers until you fix this system".

THEN the judge said "I can hold you in contempt of court for that" to which I said... "First your honor, the DA ASKED if anyone had an issue, and my comments may prove I HAVE contempt for the court, but clearly I am NOT IN contempt of court" The jury pool was dismissed for the entire three day obligation as I "poisoned" them for any possible commitment to justice. :)

If prospective jurors stood up against stupidity like this, idiotic laws would become unenforceable.

OH, BTW, I have been banned from serving on a jury forever (well at least over the last 12 years or so) as this was the third time I challenged this stupidity.
    I LOVE YOU.....in a manyly way...lol...

And You Da MAN Sir

big jon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wilton Simpson will likely be our next Ag commissioner ,Nikki fried is running for governor ,
    regardless until pot is no longer a federally controlled substance its illegal to own or posses a fire arm if you use pot or buy a firearm
    or have a commercial drivers license among other things
    if you are willing to suffer the consequences I dont care but dont tell me you do pot and ask me to sell you a gun cause I wont

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It seems there's a "loophole". Pensacola has a few stores that legally sell Delta 8 THC which they say has basically the same or similar effects but is not illegal. No med card required.

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Opiates of the masses. Weed picks up the non beer drinkers. Keep em lazy and dumb. Easier to control. Take the guns too.
    Seems to make people very compliant and very lazy. They (90%) of the ones I know don't seem to think too far ahead. Extremely short attention span is the added bonus. No patience when not stoned either.

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Not true, Nikki Fried has both and she’s not going after peoples concealed carry cards. Just because someone uses medical marijuana doesn’t mean they lose the right to protect themselves. As far as filling out the federal paperwork to buy a new gun, I don’t know, I would want to lie on the form and it come back to bite you in the butt later, but if you told the truth I don’t think they would complete the sale. It’s absolutely ridiculous. People can be out there high on all kinds of prescription drugs that are way worse for you and actually mind altering and have their concealed card. Medical marijuana has its place, God made it for a reason and to have to ask the state permission to use it is again ridiculous. But Nikki Fried oversees the concealed weapon cards and she said she’s not going after anyones concealed permit.
    Its not up to Nikki. We're talking federal.
    She campaigned on what she's doing saying but it's not law

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    It seems there's a "loophole". Pensacola has a few stores that legally sell Delta 8 THC which they say has basically the same or similar effects but is not illegal. No med card required.

Someone that gets tested told me the same thing. I wouldn't call it a loophole. Similar is like "close to", (horseshoes and hand granades". As far as law, it is, or it isn't.

Of course they'll change the law to suit their fancy eventually. But at least if they do it's legislated. Unlike batfuk alpha bet agency types. Which magically make law that is not legislated. Which makes the law, not law, but tyrannical rule by power hungry, control freaks. That have zero problems with trampling our God Given Rights! Rights given by God, and protected by the Constitution. The time to fight is know! Learn the constitution. Learn the law. And FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    On a personal note:
    I think pot and guns are a super bad Idea, and I would never sell a firearm to anybody that appears under the influence of anything. Or if they give me a bad or weird vibe. This "law" doesn't effect me, But I prefer the federal government keep their damn noses out of Americans Dr./patient privacy privilege. Which is real law. Like attorney/client privileges, that are real law.
    You all have seen the fed enforcement abuse their powers. Plain view, shame on Americans for not fighting harder for these abuses.
    We can't save this world, if we don't preserve the Union.
    UNITE AMERICA!
    (rant over)

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Exactly why my wife has a medical card and I do not. When we travel, her stash is separated from my gun(s) with one in the trunk and the other in the cabin. Personally, I would support the legalization at the Federal level. I live in New Mexico where recreational use is now legal de-criminalized but flies right in the face of questions I must (and do) answer truthfully when purchasing guns and renewing my CC permit. As a previous user, I absolutely agree that MJ is no worse (or better) than alcohol. Responsible gun owners and vehicle operators alike MUST refrain from operating either under the influence of ANY intoxicant… legal or not.

My 2-cents worth about half that :)
    I personally don't want full legalization. Most important to me is to take it off the Federal Schedule A drug list. Make possession a non jail able misdemeanor, and take several stupid questions off the 1044.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll just say that in almost 60 years of life experience I've seen way more trouble involving alcohol than weed, and I am no tee-totaller by any stretch of imagination. It is also a fact that what many consider critical/heroic types of employment do not "drug-test" for alcohol, and are fine with their employees taking anti-depresents and/or anti-anxiety medications, for the "right" reasons. Be respectful, and carry on....

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Someone that gets tested told me the same thing. I wouldn't call it a loophole. Similar is like "close to", (horseshoes and hand granades". As far as law, it is, or it isn't.

Of course they'll change the law to suit their fancy eventually. But at least if they do it's legislated. Unlike batfuk alpha bet agency types. Which magically make law that is not legislated. Which makes the law, not law, but tyrannical rule by power hungry, control freaks. That have zero problems with trampling our God Given Rights! Rights given by God, and protected by the Constitution. The time to fight is know! Learn the constitution. Learn the law. And FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!
    So those smoke shops and also various online websites selling the different delta cannabinoids ( that's what it is ) will still potentially make you pop hot on a drug test for one. Not to mention one large dispensary in this area who sells both mmj and cbd products was under major state and federal eye after mislabeled mmj products as cbd.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Legalize everything, nature will weed out the less intelligent.

For the record, I believe all those laws that are supposed to protect us from ourselves are deeply flawed , and only benefit the government as more income.

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

For the record, I believe all those laws that are supposed to protect us from ourselves are deeply flawed , and only benefit the government as more income.
    You mean like "my body, my choice"?

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Concerning drugs and alcohol and the use of them? Yes

gnappi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

+1, while we're at it ban NARCAN and its use by police!

Top Bottom