• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • COOLEEO

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Just found out today that Victor Bean is gonna have gun shows at the FWB fairgrounds June 13-14 then the Pensacola fairgrounds June 27-28

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Getting out and about somewhat nowadays. But do not think that I will go to a gunshow yet. Too many people,too close together. Everybody doing the touchie-feelie on everything.
    Waited this long . . . can wait a little longer. --- SAWMAN

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Must have heard about the GCGF "show" and did not want to lose business :)

I imagine the GCGF event would charge much less than $9 to get in.

Oh, I wonder if there will be a COVID 19 surcharge? One must pay for wiping down each gun when handled :cool:, taped arrows on the floor and muzzle devices (masks), ...

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nope. They'll say half the people will show up, so gotta charge twice as much to make the same amount of money, just to be able to afford to put on the show, because we all know that sales were down before

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I'm sure these gun shows are going to be worth it. These are the ones that are going to have the good deal on that one thing you've had your eye on but could never find. These are the ones where the sellers are going to realize that the internet is a thing and more and more people are OK waiting a few days to save hundreds of dollars, after the transfer and shipping so the prices are going to be reasonable. These are the shows that are going to have some interesting items for sale and won't smell like damp cardboard. I'll be the first in the line and I'm going to pay for the guy behind me. It's going to be that awesome.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If we start of with normal (cough) gunshow pricing, add the WuFlu/supply shortage panic buyers just getting out, the unprepared riots watchers that want a gun or three and the upcoming election with well funded gun grabbers: desperation pricing should dominate. Oh, the actual virus too. I'll pass.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Will pick up all my "must have" items at JJ's.
    BUT . . . the pricing AND attendence at the first several shows will be interesting. --- SAWMAN

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    For those who have been "dying" to go to a gun show this may be just the ticket. :) Covad-19 cases are up in Florida and still climbing. As much as I would like to go, I plan to stay home. Yes SAWMAN, it will be "interesting" to see how many people show up.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Have yall seen this yet.......?

An open letter to all citizens, regardless if you live within the city limits of Fort Walton Beach!

The Northwest Florida Fair is in critical need of your voice! On Tuesday June 2nd, the Fort Walton Beach City Council held a workshop to discuss surplus city property. The property that has been the Home of the Northwest Florida Fair since 1974 was listed as one of 10 properties to be considered surplus.

At 6:00 pm June 9th, at the next City Council meeting, City Manager Michael Beedie will recommend the City Council declare the Northwest Florida Fairgrounds surplus property and for Realty House, the City Manager, and the City Attorney begin the disposition process.

If this occurs, area groups will no longer have an affordable facility to host events. The community will lose events such as the All Sports Fish Fry, guns shows, auctions, art shows, antique shows, Circus’s, Church and Social Club events, Repticon Exhibits, Food Share Programs, and most of all, THE FAIR !

In addition, even if the property is not declared surplus, our lease expires in June 2022. Let the council know that you support the renewal of a long-term lease so that the citizens have an avenue to enjoy.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    On Ch 3 News tonight, 6/10/20 they said the FWB City Council voted tonight to NOT list the Fairgrounds as surplus property. The vote was 4 to 3. The Fairgrounds is safe.

Last edited:

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    WOW, maybe triple pay on door charge because they need to make up lost revenue, just to walk around and look at the platinum priced guns, and then possibly get a free gift that seems to keep on giving. Hmm, I think I'll stay away too. You brave souls (cough, cough) have fun.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    What I'm wondering is if they limit it to 50% capacity how long will the line be outside waiting in 90 degree heat for someone to leave before they can go in to the death trap?

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What I'm wondering is if they limit it to 50% capacity how long will the line be outside waiting in 90 degree heat for someone to leave before they can go in to the death trap?
    Mobile show today was packed and full of weird people. I stayed long enough to look around and just to see how many people was coming out.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I hoping someone will report on the FWB show today to see how it went. I really like the Mobile Fairgrounds gun show. My wife and I used to drive over there a lot for them. This will tell how long ago it was, we would always have lunch at Kenny Rogers Roasters. We were so disappointed when that chain closed. We still go occasionally, but it's not the same without Kenny Rogers Roasted chicken on the way home. The Robertsdale gun show is a good one to.

Sporter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I drove by the FWB gun show today and there were a lot of cars out front, much more than I expected. I have my grandkids in town today only so I couldn't attend today but I may drop by tomorrow just to see what they have.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I hoping someone will report on the FWB show today to see how it went. I really like the Mobile Fairgrounds gun show. My wife and I used to drive over there a lot for them. This will tell how long ago it was, we would always have lunch at Kenny Rogers Roasters. We were so disappointed when that chain closed. We still go occasionally, but it's not the same without Kenny Rogers Roasted chicken on the way home. The Robertsdale gun show is a good one to.
    A lot of guns was sold today all vendor was busy busy busy. A lot of vendor wasn’t coming off prices but the people was buying it up.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I go just to hang out or pickup small things or maybe get a deal. But today I just gave $8.00 to the cause.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Top Bottom