Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

Gun range options Pace Pensacola or Milton?

Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

DeadlyThreatDefense

Staff member
GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
Another vote for ERGC.

Deadly Threat Defense LLC
Firearms Training near Pensacola, FL

Joeinfl

Reaction score
Another vote for ERGC, always feel safe there and the RO's are very friendly and helpful if needed. Very clean also.

FrommerStop

Reaction score
They currently are restricted to ranges of about 100 yards and that is soon hopefully to change. They recently purchased 40 acres so that they can extend their range distances and will end up with either 500 or 600 yard distances.
I was at another range today, the PRPC with a 2-3 yr waiting list, and a lost Escambia County Environmental Officer came by looking for ERGC and I am sure he was going there about the permitting to remove dirt for that new 40 acres. ERGC needs to get a permit for soil removal to build the new ranges.
ERGC is a good group of people; currently they are more devoted to action pistol shooting, not to traditional bullseye shooting, and they still like traditional guns like muzzle loaders and old military rifles. They do cowboy action shooting too.

pileggi78563

Reaction score
The pigfarm range out in Robertsdale is about 30 minutes from Pcola. Range goes out to 400 yards and has spots for more tactical training.

FrommerStop

Reaction score
The pigfarm range out in Robertsdale is about 30 minutes from Pcola. Range goes out to 400 yards and has spots for more tactical training.
I will keep their 400 yard range in mind. 300 is the max available to me now. There private company ranges about and I am not sure if they are still open or not. The old Monsanto property and IP use to have them.

BamaFan

Reaction score
Anyone ever shoot that 1K yard range in Holt? I just seen it on google search. Says they have 300-600-1000 Yd

pete repete

Reaction score
i went out to southern tactical in holt yesterday. i loved it. because of the rain i was the only one there. shot on the 100 and 300 ranges. it is a rough place still, they desperately need less rain and more grass, but i like it. i get left alone there.

Rangerclay

Reaction score
Altus shooting is hands down the best range in our area. 1300 yard unknown distance, 700 yard know distance, 800 yard known distance, multiple pistol/rifle/shotgun ranges.

pete repete

Reaction score
Altus shooting is hands down the best range in our area. 1300 yard unknown distance, 700 yard know distance, 800 yard known distance, multiple pistol/rifle/shotgun ranges.
funny you should mention them. never heard of 'em, and this morning i was scouting a blackwater river canoe trip on googlemap and saw altus. went to their website. looks interesting. wonder if they will give a tour to an interested party.

Dewayne G

Reaction score
I have shot or toured each of the ranges mentioned earlier and also the Santa Rosa County range. I find if you're a long range precision shooter Altus and Precision Tactical are both great and also offer plenty of pistol competitions. The other ranges have less long range but still offer great services for the more realistic shooters.
My money is well spent at Escambia River Gun Club as a pistol shooter/ competitor and a realistic rifle shooter.

Little Jack's Guns

Local Dealer
Local Dealer
Reaction score
Altus=CORE= K&M. I lost track of which name and when but it's the same location/range for anyone else that was confused.

If I'm mistaken, let me know

Rangerclay

Reaction score
K&m sold to core after a partnership fallout. Core had to change names due to another company not registered in the fl data base trying to sue them. So it is now Altus. Same place. I’m sure you can take a tour. I shoot precision rifle series, 2 gun and 3 gun. So the range is very practical for me.

Little Jack's Guns

Local Dealer
Local Dealer
Reaction score
K&m sold to core after a partnership fallout. Core had to change names due to another company not registered in the fl data base trying to sue them. So it is now Altus. Same place. I’m sure you can take a tour. I shoot precision rifle series, 2 gun and 3 gun. So the range is very practical for me.
Like I said, for anyone else trying to track.... Altus=CORE=k&m

RHINOWSO

Reaction score
Nah, don't go to ERGC. Never. It's awful. Go to that public range down the road with all the shotgun bubbas.

<sarcasm>

RHINOWSO

Reaction score
Yes, as long as you are close enough to make use of it. I'm about 1+30 drive away, so it's not worth the membership.

SAWMAN

GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
Just like to say - - -> if you are looking for a club to join,ask your friends that shoot like you.
If they either don't know or suggest you join ERGC . . . join it. Join it NOW. It will be the best club for your needs. --- SAWMAN

Toggle Sidebar
Top Bottom