• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pierre

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm sure I am not the only one, but the gun shows seem to be a waste of money now. $10 entry fee, and there aren't any "deals". I usually go to get ammo, but it doesn't even seem reasonable to make the drive, spend the $10 to get in, and then get ammo for a few bucks cheaper than a regular shop. I even called out a merchant ( not going to name drop) for listing a firearm for $600 in store, and selling for $650 at the gun show with a "sale" sign...stating they will lower the price from what is listed to $600 (their regular store price.)

End rant, I am just mad for wasting my time.
    I found even the ammo is way out of price.

candipogo

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm sure I am not the only one, but the gun shows seem to be a waste of money now. $10 entry fee, and there aren't any "deals". I usually go to get ammo, but it doesn't even seem reasonable to make the drive, spend the $10 to get in, and then get ammo for a few bucks cheaper than a regular shop. I even called out a merchant ( not going to name drop) for listing a firearm for $600 in store, and selling for $650 at the gun show with a "sale" sign...stating they will lower the price from what is listed to $600 (their regular store price.)

End rant, I am just mad for wasting my time.
    FWIW...i agree. You look forward to maybe get an opportunity to get a bargain and it turns out to be like a rummage sale.

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    For about the last 2 years I've had to work every weekend, and before that every other, never failed that any gun show in range was on the weekend I worked.
    I'll tell you what I really miss; having my C&R and living in S.-FL and going to Sarco in Miami. I'd come out of there with 8-10 guns at a time...

gnappi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The best show in Miami has gone nuts with parking and entrance fees, sellers with many tables and employees to support outweigh the small dealers, and most seem to focus on AR/AK rifles and plastic pistols. Also the distance / drive time and tolls add up to the lack of value for my time spent. Sure there's the rare find but those shows have been dropped off my list of places I visit.

The rare exception is the West Palm show. Free parking, reasonable entrance fee, and even a coupon for reduced entry at a later show. Also the Miramar show is a reasonable venue, no parking fees and entrance is still $10.

Many smaller dealers (like pawn and LGS) with one or two tables attend both of these, gun / accessory prices are fair, and selection is more in tune with my interests.

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    For about the last 2 years I've had to work every weekend, and before that every other, never failed that any gun show in range was on the weekend I worked.
    I'll tell you what I really miss; having my C&R and living in S.-FL and going to Sarco in Miami. I'd come out of there with 8-10 guns at a time...
    I wish I could find more places to get stuff with my c&r. Half the c&r eligible stuff on gunbroker these yayhos wanna say no c&r ffl

big jon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I tend to think if a private individual doesn't want to sell their fire arm to someone with a Cr they don't have to

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I wish I could find more places to get stuff with my c&r. Half the c&r eligible stuff on gunbroker these yayhos wanna say no c&r ffl
    I know, there's only a few big outfits that deal exclusively in C&R, back then it was the hay day of Yugo SKSs, Mosins and Swiss K31s! But I was on a quest to have every calvary carbine Mauser & FR7/8s. The good ole days...

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I'm a camel rider lol. There was a discharge in the building but nobody was injured. Other than renting the building to the event organizers Hadji Shrine has nothing to do with the show itself. The show is not coming back because the organizers couldn't get along and went their separate ways. I hope that changes because it was a great show.
    That was the first time, the second time a vendor was shot in the leg with a .22 lr from across the room. so someone was injured. A friend was standing right there.

big jon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    he was standing right in front of the table talking to the vendor and looking at his stuff pre show while the vendor was finishing setting up sat morning

candipogo

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yup not at all what they used to be!
    I just don’t even bother anymore
    I think all the vendors are aware they are competing with the internet. At least for now. Most guys shopping are also Internet savvy when it comes to pricing. So selling at a gun show is a very slim margin if you move anything at all.

gnappi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think all the vendors are aware they are competing with the internet. At least for now. Most guys shopping are also Internet savvy when it comes to pricing. So selling at a gun show is a very slim margin if you move anything at all.

Much older sellers are not likely to be internet savvy :)

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    BLUF, I'm not paying anyone to possibly buy some way over-priced something. If you think you are entitled, or otherwise have an object I'll give anything for, you are drop-dead wrong. Google "Carnie."

I acknowledge I have crested the hill and have started down the other side. I'm set in my ways and ain't changin'.

I used to attend sporting good shows where it was a known fact that you did not buy anything at the beginning. Admition was usually free.

You worked your way down the line of vendors, and took advantage of the deals/freebies. I have thrown away countless gifts, and still, damn near 40 years later, have not exhausted my supply of free Eagle Claw hooks. I've had to cut the line of some of those snelled hooks because it became brittle...

I'll continue to shop/buy by word-of-mouth from people I know/trust.

Members online

Top Bottom