• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mcnpeter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I'm sure I am not the only one, but the gun shows seem to be a waste of money now. $10 entry fee, and there aren't any "deals". I usually go to get ammo, but it doesn't even seem reasonable to make the drive, spend the $10 to get in, and then get ammo for a few bucks cheaper than a regular shop. I even called out a merchant ( not going to name drop) for listing a firearm for $600 in store, and selling for $650 at the gun show with a "sale" sign...stating they will lower the price from what is listed to $600 (their regular store price.)

End rant, I am just mad for wasting my time.

NavCorman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I'm sure I am not the only one, but the gun shows seem to be a waste of money now. $10 entry fee, and there aren't any "deals". I usually go to get ammo, but it doesn't even seem reasonable to make the drive, spend the $10 to get in, and then get ammo for a few bucks cheaper than a regular shop. I even called out a merchant ( not going to name drop) for listing a firearm for $600 in store, and selling for $650 at the gun show with a "sale" sign...stating they will lower the price from what is listed to $600 (their regular store price.)

End rant, I am just mad for wasting my time.
    If near FWB , there is a gun show at the Fairgrounds. Pretty good .

big jon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    me and elkhunter used to set up there but we got black balled we did some trading there but it was a pretty cold show for deals

F4E Phantom

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    I went this morning, I don’t mind the 1/2 hr drive, nor the $10 admission, at least parking is free. I do mind that there are no deals on ammo or firearms. I found a Bulgarian AK mag for $25 , still went home disappointed

Mcnpeter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I went this morning, I don’t mind the 1/2 hr drive, nor the $10 admission, at least parking is free. I do mind that there are no deals on ammo or firearms. I found a Bulgarian AK mag for $25 , still went home disappointed
    between my drive from Crestview and the $10 dollar entry fee, I didn't feel like I went home with any deals. I got my ammo from Georgia Reloading and left. Started to think about it, and I actually paid more for the ammo with the entry fee and gas than just getting the ammo where I live.

NavCorman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    L
    between my drive from Crestview and the $10 dollar entry fee, I didn't feel like I went home with any deals. I got my ammo from Georgia Reloading and left. Started to think about it, and I actually paid more for the ammo with the entry fee and gas than just getting the ammo where I live.
    My experience was different than yours . Lots more vendors than last few shows . I found a few good deals .

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    The only thing Ive purchased at a gun show in the last 5 years was a 30 dollar holster I decided wasnt going to work for me.
    $9 bucks to get in, bought food and drinks. Gas there and home. More gas wasted to sell holster for 10 bucks
    Do the math. I'm sour about gun shows too. Unless it's old or collectible, or you just have to have the latest greatest because it's out of stock everywhere, you pay a premium.

Mcnpeter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    The only thing Ive purchased at a gun show in the last 5 years was a 30 dollar holster I decided wasnt going to work for me.
    $9 bucks to get in, bought food and drinks. Gas there and home. More gas wasted to sell holster for 10 bucks
    Do the math. I'm sour about gun shows too. Unless it's old or collectible, or you just have to have the latest greatest because it's out of stock everywhere, you pay a premium.
    I DID see a Springfield Prodigy 5 inch there for 1300$....which isn't bad with all circumstances considered...but still.\

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The days of gun show deals are long gone folks.

Unless you're looking for a very niche item, chances are you're paying retail+. I haven't been to a gunshow in 10+ years.

If you want to know why they changed, look no further than the internet and forums like this one.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    we need a local based gun show for local people
    I am looking into insurance tables building for future show like that
    but if any one else starts one first I be there and have a table
    I feel like the Milton gun show fills that niche pretty well, Robertsdale, and Dothan too. I'm mostly looking for out of production Rugers, and the gun shows are about the only place to find one, outside of pawn shops and Tradewinds. I still go to gun shows to look, and sometimes find that elusive Ruger or S&W. Think of them as entertainment, like going to the movies, which we hardly ever do anymore.

NavCorman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I feel like the Milton gun show fills that niche pretty well, Robertsdale, and Dothan too. I'm mostly looking for out of production Rugers, and the gun shows are about the only place to find one, outside of pawn shops and Tradewinds. I still go to gun shows to look, and sometimes find that elusive Ruger or S&W. Think of them as entertainment, like going to the movies, which we hardly ever do anymore.
    Yes , it’s entertainment and not a bad way to waste an hour or two .

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    If near FWB , there is a gun show at the Fairgrounds. Pretty good .
    I had a great time at the Fort Walton Beach gun show on Sunday afternoon. Usually the last hour of the show is when all the good deals are made. I even found a particularly rare Polish Cold War item that I'd been looking for for several years. And I sold what I came there to sell... my ACU camo MALICE rucksack. All in the last two or three hours of the show.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    deals on ammo or firearms
    I found a real good deal on a firearm. But I didn't buy it because as a private sale he still wanted to pass it thru an FFL. Which I reckon is the new thing at these shows for all private sales? I don't know... but if it is, I won't be buying any guns at the shows anymore

Latest posts

Top Bottom