• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flow

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    stop buying the inflated ammo and they will stop grabbing it all from the shelves. its that simple. people are buying it off the shelf and reselling it on this forum or elsewhere for way more. if you want ammo to normalize stop buying from private individuals that are obvious gouging. if you want to keep funding these free market entrepreneurs, its your choice as a free citizen but understand its perpetuating the situation

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    stop buying the inflated ammo and they will stop grabbing it all from the shelves. its that simple. people are buying it off the shelf and reselling it on this forum or elsewhere for way more. if you want ammo to normalize stop buying from private individuals that are obvious gouging. if you want to keep funding these free market entrepreneurs, its your choice as a free citizen but understand its perpetuating the situation

Great advice! By the way, where do you buy your ammunition? I’d like to pickup a few boxes at suggested retail myself.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    So,lemme see if I understand . . . ---> if I offer you a NIB LWRC AR for $400 you are not going to buy it to help out your fellow man ?? But if you do happen to buy it,you are going to sell it for that same $400 that you paid for it ?? Is that about right ??
    Your a great guy. --- SAWMAN

flow

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You're free to gouge if you like. I never said stop. But realize there are men amongst you that prefer to be apart of solutions and will garner any support they can. Money talks and bullshit walks

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    If I could go just ONE day without hearing someone belly ache and whine about something I think I would hand out $20.00 bills to everyone I saw.
    Well, I tried that yesterday and all I heard was “is that all you got, TWENTY?” Go figure.
    Go ahead and spend your money on ammo.
    When Sleepy Joe or the Squash Brain takes over you may wish you had.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm neutral on free market sellers (private and retail). I don't need/ buy/sell guns or ammo now. I do have some sympathy for folks that are just getting into guns and those with budget difficulties that precluded adequate purchases. Fact of the matter is: gun sales went through the roof and that's thousands of new chambers to feed above what was normal demand. Guns have a long service life whereas ammo is the consumable. New gun owners in the past would have been content with a box or two to shoot, a box in the hole, then buy as needed. The new to gun folks now have been stung by buy a gun you can buy one box of ammo or no ammo available. Like everybody they don't want to be caught short on ammo for what ever reason they bought the gun for in the first place. The new folks want depth in their on hand supply and that will keep the extremely high demand far above production levels for years (Yes: YEARS). Look at the last .22LR shortage* that started in 2008: went from $0.04 to $0.12+ (if you could find it) and it wasn't until 2016 for a decline in price back to $.04 a pop. 22LR is a good reference point as it's the most popular cartridge with wide handgun/rifle use. We can spread load that demand across all cartridges with the exception of some primary hunting cartridges/shells and add the number of new guns/gun buyers on top. Current craziness started with covid and fears of material shortages of basic necessities for living, lockdowns, amplified by social unrest/riots/looting/arson/random attacks and then the unforeseen election result for biden and his heavy handed gun control agenda topped it off! Far worse then just politics and a mass shooting repercussions. Will we ever see $0.19 import steel and $0.28 domestic brass .223 again? "Resellers" like Retail will make money little risk **, guys selling from their private stock requirements will not be replacing it "cheaper" in the next 10 years: I don't think so and the U.S could fall in a shit storm at any time: their circus, their monkey.

*The .22LR was one of dozens of cartridges in high demand/short supply during the referenced period but it widely impacted the majority of shooters.
    ** We saw "Resellers" trying to break even and sell their previously gouged .22LR "at Cost" when the retail supply chain began to fill and prices dropped! I recall their $50 bulk 333 round boxes, only 23 left! LMFAO

Last edited:

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    My last .22 purchase 2,750 rds $160.... should have bought 10. Dammit!

Yep, I’ve got a couple of cases like that with 1600 rounds (50 round boxes) in each case.
    I can’t remember what I paid but it was stupid cheap plus there was a rebate.
    Cheap enough that I didn’t even need any and I bought it.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    This is the way I see it. If I bought a name branded AR-14 bcg for say $100 in good times....and held onto it, not needing to use it (kind of like money in the bank), but current market value for said branded AR-14 bcg per average price paid over the last 20 name branded AR-14 bcg’s sold on Gunbroker is now $185, am I gouging by asking the current market value...? Keep in mind you can look all over the internet and find it for close to the original price paid back in say 2015/16, but no one has one in stock....zero balance pretty much anywhere. In my opinion, that’s not gouging, that’s market driven value. Weather I purchased it for personal use OR for future sale. Gouging in my opinion is what some folks did post Sandy Hook and even now by going to Wal*Mart/Academy Sports and buying up all the .22 and or handgun ammo and then reselling immediately for a hefty markup. Let’s not confuse the difference.

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    If gold can go up and down so can everything else.

I can care less about being called a gouger. Anything I sell is going to be current market value in case I want to buy it back 10 seconds later Id need the current market price in my hand to do so. So a $9 pmag thats now sold out and currently going for $100... guess what Im selling it for a $100.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My last .22 purchase 2,750 rds $160.... should have bought 10. Dammit!
    My last purchase of .22 was bucket of it for 70 plus dollars. But, it was a while ago and I have no plans to buy anymore for a year or so. I have no plans at the moment to sell any either.
    I have only in the last two months purchased a couple of items locally and pricing was very fair. No gouging. I was even given some 40 S&W brass. I got enough of it that I am willing to share.
    I just ordered online some 35 remington brass at the same price it always was. I picked an obscure place called duckcreek and hopefully it arrives. They will not process the order until next wk but said it was in stock. I have not yet decided if I want to order bullets or use the .357 jacketed pistol bullets that I have on hand.
    On calibers like .35 remington, once it is gone, it will be long time after things are normal to find more since it is low production item that sells mainly in hunting season when a man might buy a 20 round box every two or three years.

Reactions: FLT
    Top Bottom