Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    No, I dont know how to link to it
    Screenshot_20210128-052118_Chrome.jpg

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Local government and underpaid labor that helped the Chinese build it say that they think it's a sub base, and that its fenced off just waiting for the Chinese to return

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That does make an upset to global power. The USA has more than one base near the China Sea and has for years. I suspect you know them better than I do.
    In recent centuries China mostly stayed away the ocean over militarily matters. Now that is changing. I believe our battle capabilities of our ships is better than theirs, but I am sure that will change.
    The Russians still have a fortified land border with the China and they occupy some northern islands that the Japanese still claim.
    What could go wrong over that way with three major or four major powers if you count japan contending for dominance and of course there many smaller nations there like the Vietnamese that fought both the USA and China not too long ago.
    I doubt that we really have any business in those water and the Chinese certainly have none so close to us.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    180 miles is well within a redneck navy's range. I wonder what all the Chinese left in storage there.

pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    thanks for this post. 99 percent of americans dont realize how fast china is taking over the world. this construction is another example of their belt and road initiative. you should see what they are doing in africa. and they have been actively trying to take over every aspect of the australian economy for years. "china uncensored" is a very good youtube channel that covers this.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    180 miles is well within a redneck navy's range. I wonder what all the Chinese left in storage there.
    Hmmm.
    That is assuming it is really unguarded. Also the Cubans seem these days to be allies of the Chinese and so one can not assume that others may not (edit) also be watching that base.
    Google factoid
    Bahamas–Cuba relations are the bilateral relations between the Commonwealth of the Bahamas and the Republic of Cuba. The Bahamas has an embassy in Havana and Cuba has an embassy in Nassau. The Bahamian ambassador to Cuba is Alma Adams. ... Bahamas and Cuba share a maritime border.
    And so does the USA share a maritime border there. The DEA and coast guard are active in those waters.

A 'redneck' navy would be stopped prior to them getting at most a few miles away from the dock by the Feds. The current White House is sending the FBI to look into people that they do not like.

1611920380323.png

edit to add

Chinese investors are plowing millions of dollars into tourist-oriented construction projects. China’s state-supported construction enterprises are building hotel resorts in the Bahamas, Guyana and Barbados. Of more concern to US security interests is the ongoing seaport expansion project in the already commercially important port at Kingston, Jamaica, as well as the port at Freeport, Bahamas, China’s possible new base of operations 90 miles off the US coast.

Other Chinese-sponsored port projects are underway at Cuba’s ports of Santiago and Mariel, as well as Guyana’s port of Berbice. Another Chinese construction project that deserves scrutiny for its implication for US national security is China’s modernization of Guyana’s Cheddi Jaganinternational airport. Once the site of US Air Force military operations during World War II, with its runway of over 10,000 feet, it is capable of hosting Chinese military jet aircraft. However, disagreements over the terms of the original contract signed in 2011 are a source of tension between the Chinese contractor and the usually pro-Chinese Guyanese government. China also has an interest in regional access to raw materials such as bauxite from Jamaica, and offshore oil near Guyana.

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    thanks for this post. 99 percent of americans dont realize how fast china is taking over the world. this construction is another example of their belt and road initiative. you should see what they are doing in africa. and they have been actively trying to take over every aspect of the australian economy for years. "china uncensored" is a very good youtube channel that covers this.
    I will definitely check out "china uncensored"

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Hmmm.
    That is assuming it is really unguarded. Also the Cubans seem these days to be allies of the Chinese and so one can not assume that others may also be watching that base.
    Google factoid

And so does the USA share a maritime border there. The DEA and coast guard are active in those waters.

A 'redneck' navy would be stopped prior to them getting at most a few miles away from the dock by the Feds. The current White House is sending the FBI to look into people that they do not like.

View attachment 105624
    edit to add
    Nope. Wouldnt be me going over there! I'm just wondering

flow

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Joe Biden killed thousands of 80k to 100k a year jobs by blocking keystone pipeline on his first day in office! He is notorious for selling foreign policy and china is notorious for buying it. It terrifies me to know the worse has yet to come

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    There used to be a US Navy installation called Autec on Andros island (the largest island in the Bahamas). We used to refuel our Hueys there when we were flying drug interdiction missions out of Nasau during the early 80's. Not sure if it is still in operation or not.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    There used to be a US Navy installation called Autec on Andros island (the largest island in the Bahamas). We used to refuel our Hueys there when we were flying drug interdiction missions out of Nasau during the early 80's. Not sure if it is still in operation or not.
    Kind of makes you wonder why American imperialists didnt just take over the Bahamas long time ago like we did those islands all the way to Key West. Should have taken all of Cuba and Jamaica too

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

it is still there...and active

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Kind of makes you wonder why American imperialists didnt just take over the Bahamas long time ago like we did those islands all the way to Key West. Should have taken all of Cuba and Jamaica too
    Well with the help of the Spanish we did get British out of Florida and apparently the Keys. But the Bahamas and Jamaica were part of Britain and later the common wealth. Our Navy just was not the equal of the British Navy for many years.
    We all know the history of cuba. It was not until Castro got control of it that we had a problem. We did try to overthrow him and then he got himself an alliance with the Russians. The Chinese are giving the fidalistas a new lease on life it seems.

reel_crazy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Joe Biden killed thousands of 80k to 100k a year jobs by blocking keystone pipeline on his first day in office! He is notorious for selling foreign policy and china is notorious for buying it. It terrifies me to know the worse has yet to come

he killed 2 birds with 1 stone .. did some virtue signalling to his climate change base and spanked 10s of thousands of trump (enablers) supporters ...

Top Bottom