Patriot Mobile

Friends 23 yo son got denied handgun purchase, wants father to buy handgun.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fordtudor37

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If one was to look back at the current "crop" of those wishing to be or are now Psychiatric "professional's" we will see that a great number of them had psychological issue's as children which was ingrained into them and they went into that specific career path in order to find out -- 1) "Why did they treat me that way ?" or -- 2) "What did I do that was so wrong to be treated that way ?" or -- 3) OR the ever so telling, "I know I can treat them because I am better then them."
    --
    And then as they get older it's the classic "I know what's right for you because I went to medical school" syndrome of superiority, which is when the offspring's beating's usually start and they cover up said beating's buy purchasing anything the off-spring ask's for, in order to cover up thier own personal inadequence's and to keep the child from telling others about thier actual behavior.
    --
    THE TRUE ISSUE IS -- There is no check's and balance's or "set" Yes/No perameters to psychology, aka you cant say a person is "fixed" because there is no physical "proof" to point out now or in the future, like there is with broken bones.
    --
    EXACTLY WHY I personally feel that ALL educational professional's no matter what grade level, MUST BE required to under go psychological evaluation's every three years at a minimum, by different pyschologist's." - That way thier can be minimal "Hey doc can you write a note for me, or We're still getting together at the bar later right ?"

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Psychology is an odd thing in that findings can often come down to the assessment/opinion of one person. They have a desk reference just like medical doctors, and I was once told that 5-6 affections, syndromes, whatever, could be assigned to pretty much anyone. If we think that can't be weaponized, we're wrong....

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Psychology is an odd thing in that findings can often come down to the assessment/opinion of one person. They have a desk reference just like medical doctors, and I was once told that 5-6 affections, syndromes, whatever, could be assigned to pretty much anyone. If we think that can't be weaponized, we're wrong....
    BINGO!

The problem arises when they label a sane person "mentally ill", then drug them in response.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Yep, that was my original "Red Flag", and why I posted the link to the "Generation Rx" video. Just keep in mind that, if you watch it, it is 15 years old, so it is ten times worse now. Want to know why people do so much non-sensical, CRAZY stuff now? Watch that video!

I have been saying elsewhere that, once someone is convicted of perpetrating such an act as a mass/school shooting, or upon the demise of such a person, their medical/psych records should be made public... we need to know. Right now, only a careful "reading between the lines" may tell you there were "psychotropics" involved, but we need hard statistics.

As I said previously, people don't usually go off the deep end before they are put on those medications, they usually do it after!
    This has always been an issue with me. The other people in the office have rights to keep their meds private which outweighs my right to be safe, even if those meds cause violent side affects.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    This has always been an issue with me. The other people in the office have rights to keep their meds private which outweighs my right to be safe, even if those meds cause violent side affects.
    Ha, wait and see what happens when the wheels fall off and they can't get em.

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Ha, wait and see what happens when the wheels fall off and they can't get em.
    I probably linked this earlier, but it's happening already. Must read the last two sentences in this one if you want an example of insanity!

https://www.wjhg.com/2023/01/26/pan...edications-amid-nationwide-adderall-shortage/

And how about THIS: An "adder" is snake. Some Southerners pronounce "oil" as "all", e.g., "I have to check the all in my truck."

NOW: adder (SNAKE) + all (OIL) = SNAKE OIL. Could they be that bold? : )

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    BINGO!

The problem arises when they label a sane person "mentally ill", then drug them in response.
    My bigger question is, how do you prevent government, govern-paid doctors, and those who would enforce from injecting bias and/or abusing, red flag provisions? I don't think you can viably do without adequate and lasting punishment for doing so. There have to be checks and balances. The honor system ain't gonna cut it.

TGuns1451

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Please read 2A... thank you.
    So A few years ago I would have argued but when Amy Coney Barret was going through her confirmation hearings she spoke of "Civil Death" and I had to do some research. What we do now a days is "Civil Death" which basically makes you a second class citizen not entitled to things like the 2nd amendment. Problem with this is EXACTLY what's going on now with pistol braces or any other abritratuary law they choose to enforce to at any certain time to criminalize a "group" they don't like and cause them "civil death" thus taking their rights and enslaving them. Idea sounds great when your not considered a "criminal" or "on the good guys" side..... now before panties are in a wad I'm not saying violent repeat offenders deserve weapons. I'm just saying over time the original meanings of MANY amendments and laws have been skewed to popular opinion at the time which is dangerous.

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So A few years ago I would have argued but when Amy Coney Barret was going through her confirmation hearings she spoke of "Civil Death" and I had to do some research. What we do now a days is "Civil Death" which basically makes you a second class citizen not entitled to things like the 2nd amendment. Problem with this is EXACTLY what's going on now with pistol braces or any other abritratuary law they choose to enforce to at any certain time to criminalize a "group" they don't like and cause them "civil death" thus taking their rights and enslaving them. Idea sounds great when your not considered a "criminal" or "on the good guys" side..... now before panties are in a wad I'm not saying violent repeat offenders deserve weapons. I'm just saying over time the original meanings of MANY amendments and laws have been skewed to popular opinion at the time which is dangerous.
    Oh, no doubt, but as long as I'm not free to "keep and bear arms", excuse me if I don't fight for the rights of drug-addled, violent lunatics to do the same... they'll just have to wait in line like I did : )

You give it to them first, and we'll never have it, as we can see by looking around right now. That's the left's plan, actually, and why they consistently put repeat, violent felons right back on the street.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom