• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joekocon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I bought a 2000 Ford Explorer recently and when I had it inspected the mechanic said to get new tires. The rims are 16". anyone out there that can give me advice!? !6" 18" or? LT or AT type tires? I've found Cooper 265x75x16s also LTs.6 ply. what do ya think?

Olde Joe

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I have the cooper adventurer at tire from pepboys on my truck. I run “E” rated 265/75r16. zero complaints and they have been on over a year

you could run a “D” rating or maybe a “C” if you dont tow

joekocon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Thank you, I'll look into it! By the Frank, welcome back!

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    The letter ratings on tires have to do with the side wall ply and the amount of weight they are rated to tow/carry. The deeper in the alphabet you go, the more plys or “layers” in the side wall. That should translate into more weight carrying ability of the tire. However depending on vehicle and suspension setup, the higher the sidewall rating you have the potential os there for a rougher ride also, usually unloaded. Usually if you have a heavy duty truck with higher sidewall rating it will ride better/smoother when loaded down. But that is also tied back to suspension setup. Its all a balance based on how you use the vehicle

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    What I like about mine is they are aggressive for AT's an make no road noise, they had a good warranty, showing no wear and were about $700 for 4 installed

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    They were the only ones infused with silica I could find, keeps the rubber softer

• Silica infused AT-C tread compound delivers superior wet and off-road traction.
    • Tusk grooves and heavy siping boost traction in adverse weather conditions.
    • Modern profile creates a stable contact patch for balanced on- and off-road performance.
    • Deep siping, beveled tread blocks and an aggressive buttress reduce wear resistance.
    • 3PMS rating indicates tire meets required performance criteria in snow testing to be considered severe snow service-rated.

Top Bottom