Patriot Mobile

For the love of god, Please stop posting pics of stabilizing braces!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skyydiver

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Like most of you, I should have sold all my " pistols" before the ban. Never really thought it could happen. Lost $$ and had to disassemble some nice shooters. Now, I have chair legs and loose parts. Sucks.
    Now awaiting mag restrictions and the DI ban. Just have to watch and be ahead of the curve next time.

They shoot just fine from the cheek unless you’re talking large caliber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Walgreens is 16.99+ tax for passport photos. No discount

Kinkos(FedEx office) is 14.99 first set, then 10 dollars per set after.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I expect to get some crap for this post, but for the love of god please stop posting pics with stabilizing braces. I have no doubt the stupid pistol brace "rule/law" will be overturned and I am sure the ATF does not have enough agents to track down every braced pistol. Still, why make it easier by providing photo evidence that you have, built or am trying to sell a braced pistol. The smart ones are selling the pistol and if they have a brace but NOT attached. There is my rant, off to start the weekend with a drink..

Probably deserves an honest “bump”.

To remind folks, especially sellers:

- Braced pistols became SBRs on Jan 31st.
    May 31st is just the end of the 120-forbearance window. The braced pistols were considered SBRs the day the BS ”ruling” was published.
    - Whomever owned it on Jan 31st is the person who can file for the tax-free Form-1. Until then, if the configuration isn’t changed, it is an unregistered SBR.
    - So, sellers can’t really sell it unless they are selling it as an NFA item, paperwork wait times and all.
    - Posting pictures of an unregistered SBR is one thing. Posting pictures of an unregistered SBR in a For Sale thread and selling it without NFA paperwork is something riskier.

Remove the brace, and don't sell/give it to the buyer with the pistol, otherwise it’s considered an SBR still.
    Or put a 16+” barrel on it.

Not what I agree with, but it’s the way things are right now.

If you’re gonna post pictures of a currently-considered SBR and try to sell it without NFA paperwork, seems like an ill-advised thing to do… putting yourself on a silver platter for the laziest ATF keyboard fatty to put another tick mark on his anti-2A pantywaist.

Latest posts

Top Bottom