• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snake-Eyes

Master
    Supposedly Murphy’s (WalMart), Hess, Sinclair, and Sunoco are four companies that don’t use imports from the Persian Gulf.

Citgo is definitely direct-to-Venezuela. F those bastards.

I hate WalMarts’s use of company funds for active anti-2A lobbying,

It’s not really a choice of which 100% US company anymore, but it’s realistically more of a which lesser evil you want to send money to...

IronBeard

Master
    I get much of my gas there. I like the idea of CEFCO, but I don't know about their prices. I'd honestly never noticed them before this one started going up.

...and if they sell CITGO gas, that's a deal breaker for me.
    It has been my experience so far that CEFCO is one of the better-priced options. Although I can buy gas on base, I often go out the back gate to CEFCO where the price is equal to on base. Yeah, I have to pay sales tax, but there are more pumps, they actually work, and I get a receipt without having to waste my time going inside, standing in line, and dealing with the NAF employee attitude.....

Last edited:

IronBeard

Master
    what about murphy's in front of alot of walmarts? i think they are american owned....
    Not sure. Their prices are usually pretty good, but the #$%-pain involved in getting into/out of the one at the Navarre Walmart if you are east-bound is not worth it, IMO. X 2 when I consider Walmart's anti-gun business practices, and tier ever-growing inventory of chinese products.

pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Not sure. Their prices are usually pretty good, but the #$%-pain involved in getting into/out of the one at the Navarre Walmart if you are east-bound is not worth it, IMO. X 2 when I consider Walmart's anti-gun business practices, and tier ever-growing inventory of chinese products.
    i hit it in the morning on the way in. i go past the light and hang a u-ey. its pretty fast.

5lima30ret

Master
    I believe Marathon is still American owned. There are (2) stations near me and their prices are usually very competitive! I think Pure is also still American owned.

M60Gunner

Master
    We will gas up where it’s cheapest but I am thankful for this thread. Remember too Google is not your friend. Interesting to see how they used the algorithms to bury the latest Project Veritas bombshell…

Viking1204

Master
    I live in FWB and work on Eglin, most of the time I fill up on Eglin using my Star Card to get an instant 5 cents off. Off base I'll fill up at Murphy's or Sam's Club as they are the lowest in town after Eglin.

Bay Ranger

Master
    The Gulf Breeze Murphy's (Walmart) is outrageous! $3.45 when I passed it the other day. Hell, I can just about buy it for that at any gas station in the Gulf Breeze area. Tell me why the Walmart Corner Store in Navarre is always 3 to 6 cents a gallon less yet they are both in Santa Rosa County?

M60Gunner

Master
    Interesting Ranger. I know Walmart and Publix and surely others charge higher prices in locales close to beaches etc. When we left Navarre for Pace we noticed a difference and a conversation with a few managers at Walmart confirmed this. The one manager was laughing when she told me “honey, you were shopping at the beach!”.

Viking1204

Master
    The Gulf Breeze Murphy's (Walmart) is outrageous! $3.45 when I passed it the other day. Hell, I can just about buy it for that at any gas station in the Gulf Breeze area. Tell me why the Walmart Corner Store in Navarre is always 3 to 6 cents a gallon less yet they are both in Santa Rosa County?
    Must be individual owners that do the pricing. Our Murphey's in FWB is always one of the lowest in town.

F4E Phantom

Expert
    I try my best not to support China in any way. Even before Covid. I got to do my homework regarding banks, stores gas stations,etc.

IronBeard

Master
    Interesting Ranger. I know Walmart and Publix and surely others charge higher prices in locales close to beaches etc. When we left Navarre for Pace we noticed a difference and a conversation with a few managers at Walmart confirmed this. The one manager was laughing when she told me “honey, you were shopping at the beach!”.
    Makes sense. Driving up and own 98 I've noticed the prices are lowest near FWB and increase as you go east or west.

Last edited:

Bay Ranger

Master
    But, but, but...... Navarre is "at the beach" too?

IronBeard

Master
    For those that are able to buy gas on Hurlburt, it is now a Valero 'station.' Not sure how/if this appies to other gulf coast installations, but this might just be an AFFES thing(?). Murca.

Carl

Master
    Hoping to increase awareness. If you are a financial supporter of this https://m.facebook.com/tcsfrontporch/ you are enabling/financing this https://gulfcoastgunforum.com/threads/navarre-resort-planned-on-98.88011/ If that's what ya want...
    Not a huge fan of the tourist season on the beach but im a lot more concerned with all these people who are permanently moving here as local people are being pushed out by the housing price increases. I am watching my little hick town become something I don't recognize.

They will be religiously electing Gullium's for Florida in no time I predict.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom