• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    from reading the FL law it is similar to GA's on relocation. You can relocate it on the same property you caught it on. If you have 1-10 acres will that help? You can take it to someone to euthanize farther away or you can save gas and trap.. SSS

Talking to fwc it seems trapping no relocatable means your supposed to "humanely euthanize" on site.

HayesGreener

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    There is a reason foxes are protected. Build a predator-tight chicken coop and leave the foxes alone. Jeez, they take a tremendous amount of rodents every year and there are not enough of them to harm the natural wildlife population. Feral cats on the other hand decimate Bobwhite quail and other native bird species.

pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    i had fox get my two best layers a couple months ago. got part of the crime on security camera. they waited till my wife let the chickens out of the coopyard into the big yard first thing in the morning then they struck. i hate losing the hens but i realize my culpability in the matter. i knew there were small gaps in the fence and i was "going to get to it". i have since made the chicken yard more predator proof. i dont want to shoot the fox and havent had a problem since i make the corrections. they have a place and do a service keeping down the swamp rat populations. but i will shoot them if i have to.

Iamnick

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Fwc has a gun and light permit that you can apply for online. Allows you to hunt fox, raccoon, and a few other species at night with a light.

They must be "nuisance" animals and I think you are expected to call them each night you attempt to hunt at night.

.22 would kill a fox for sure, I would recommend a higher velocity bullet like the cci velocitor or stinger

Last edited:

Tridentrider

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Yes use Large size raccon trap. I wear rubber gloves and boots when handling & setting up.
    Use small wire to tie & hang chiken pieces/bait in rear end of cage. I put cinder blocks around rear side and back of cage with air pockets horizontal (so critter can smell bait but not get to it) & it has to go in the front door.
    Sprinkle cage and blocks up with pulled grass and weeds to blend it in like a cave and put feathers in it & in front of it to help attrack.
    Spray it with dead down wind or baking soda and water spray to cover any of your scent up.
    Place it wher you know their travel will be Normally on sideline of road, berm or fence. Good Luck

Top Bottom