• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I’ve been wanting to build myself an AR pistol lately and thinking of purchasing a kit so I know I’ll get all the parts I need. Does this one seem like a good setup? The local store has Anderson lowers in stock and they seem to be well regarded, so I’ll be using them. Might pick up two and do one as a rifle. Just bored lately and wanting for something to do.
    Thanks

ETA- this would be my first time building an AR if that’s relevant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The lower kits are sold on line. For the upper, I would buy one fully assembled and get the stripped lower locally. I purchased a lower from Miles at tradewinds. Call him prior to coming over to make sure he has one in stock.

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    $540! I was buying like crazy before the apocalypse, prices so low I couldn't resist. Mainly gunbroker. I'm glad I did. Personally I would shop around. If something is on back order, get on the list to be notified when they get more in stock. But I am also guilty of paying more for something if I really want it. I haven't bought anything from PSA, but I know a lot of people do. And I don't recall hearing anything bad about them. Check out KM Tactical. Their prices have remained fairly stable during the rush on everything gun related. +1 on burying a complete upper if you are a newbie. And assembling a lower is easy. Just make sure you work area is clean. Those tiny springs sometimes have a mind of their own :cool:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    $540! I was buying like crazy before the apocalypse, prices so low I couldn't resist. Mainly gunbroker. I'm glad I did. Personally I would shop around. If something is on back order, get on the list to be notified when they get more in stock. But I am also guilty of paying more for something if I really want it. I haven't bought anything from PSA, but I know a lot of people do. And I don't recall hearing anything bad about them. Check out KM Tactical. Their prices have remained fairly stable during the rush on everything gun related. +1 on burying a complete upper if you are a newbie. And assembling a lower is easy. Just make sure you work area is clean. Those tiny springs sometimes have a mind of their own :cool:
    Eventually I want graduate to build in upper and doing an 80% receiver. I finished buying my uppers just before the crush.
    I need to see what odds las vegas is giving trump for re-election. If they favor Biden I will have to buy like there is no tomorrow.

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Eventually I want graduate to build in upper and doing an 80% receiver. I finished buying my uppers just before the crush.
    I need to see what odds las vegas is giving trump for re-election. If they favor Biden I will have to buy like there is no tomorrow.
    An 80% lower and 3 barrels is part of the reason I joined the forum.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I may not be accurate but close. Those kits were around 349 before all this mess started. You could get them as cheap as 279 without a brace.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I figured it was the wrong time as far as price, but building one is just something I have wanted to do, and I figure if the election goes wrong then I might not get a chance at all. So I’ll have to overpay this go around.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    That brings up a good subject.
    As the election gets near,if the fake poles are still showing the sniffer,groper Biden,even still has a "snoball's chance in hell",the prices and availability of guns,gun parts(ESPECIALLY AR),ammo,reloading components,etc,will go through the roof. The price of the "what's leftover" hicap mags will skyrocket. P-Mags will be $30.+ Glock mags will be $50-$80.
    You younger guys had better stock up while you can.
    I will take a look at this post exactly one year from now,and if need be . . admit that I was wrong or tell the members,"quit yer effin crying". --- SAWMAN

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I bought 2 stripped lowers, and an Anderson parts kit. Backed out of the posted kit, I ordered a pistol lower parts kit.
    Is their anything special I need to address concerning the serial numbers about making it a pistol vs a rifle? I installed the lower parts kit in one but neither have had a buffer, upper, etc installed yet. One hasn’t even been opened from the package.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That brings up a good subject.
    As the election gets near,if the fake poles are still showing the sniffer,groper Biden,even still has a "snoball's chance in hell",the prices and availability of guns,gun parts(ESPECIALLY AR),ammo,reloading components,etc,will go through the roof. The price of the "what's leftover" hicap mags will skyrocket. P-Mags will be $30.+ Glock mags will be $50-$80.
    You younger guys had better stock up while you can.
    I will take a look at this post exactly one year from now,and if need be . . admit that I was wrong or tell the members,"quit yer effin crying". --- SAWMAN
    I would see what the odds are in Las Vegas and make your decision accordingly. I assume the worst and try to be prepared for it while praying for the best and I used end up with something in between.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom