Federal unemployment money and eviction protection ended July 31. Folks may be more stressed

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    A thought:

No expert but if true, some folks may become more stressed as they try to cope and survive. Extremely stressed folks may say or do things that they would not normally do.

May want to keep this in mind as we interact with others.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I thought from the start of this that it would be wise to be extra polite. I noticed back in April that people seemed extra tense.
    Good advice though

On a side note, the foreclosure market should become a buyers market if someone has the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can't believe the government was giving people an extra $600 a week on top of their unemployment. Most of them were not making $600 a week to begin with. I retired 4 years ago and never made that much money. If I was getting $600 dollars a week plus unemployment I would probably hope the virus lasts forever. I do feel sorry for the people that are out of work and struggling because of this but I think the government would have been better off extending normal unemployment benefits then shoveling out money to everyone. They didn't need to send me $1200 either but I'm sure they will want it back next tax season.

Reactions: ccc

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can't believe the government was giving people an extra $600 a week on top of their unemployment. Most of them were not making $600 a week to begin with. I retired 4 years ago and never made that much money. If I was getting $600 dollars a week plus unemployment I would probably hope the virus lasts forever. I do feel sorry for the people that are out of work and struggling because of this but I think the government would have been better off extending normal unemployment benefits then shoveling out money to everyone. They didn't need to send me $1200 either but I'm sure they will want it back next tax season.
    It is an election year and few politicians want to go on record voting such funding down.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    so where is the protection for the retired who have a rental house to supplement their income by renting a house out, and now has to pay all expenses without income to back it? and can't evict anyone, and will most likely lose any back rent due?

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    so where is the protection for the retired who have a rental house to supplement their income by renting a house out, and now has to pay all expenses without income to back it? and can't evict anyone, and will most likely lose any back rent due?

The way I understand it is the halt on evictions were only for those that had a federally backed loans like those through fanny Mae, Freddy mac, or similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Robbing peter to pay paul, still leaves peter robbed.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The solution to ALL of these issues is to "re-open" the economy. Lift the edicts from the emperors/governors. Allow businesses to operate, as a Free Economy used to.

Let consumers vote with their wallet and their feet.

These TRILLIONS of dollars of future debt "free money now" are a bandaid to a chest wound if the economy isn't opened... yesterday.

Enough was enough months ago.

Next time some libtard sheep wants something, the response should be along the lines "yeah sure, no problem, it'll just be a few weeks, we're all in this together."

Remember that joke scenario: how do you boil a live frog without restraining it? Slowly turn up the heat. By the time it realizes what's going on, it's too late.

Don't be the frog.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The solution to ALL of these issues is to "re-open" the economy. Lift the edicts from the emperors/governors. Allow businesses to operate, as a Free Economy used to.

Let consumers vote with their wallet and their feet.

These TRILLIONS of dollars of future debt "free money now" are a bandaid to a chest wound if the economy isn't opened... yesterday.

Enough was enough months ago.

Next time some libtard sheep wants something, the response should be along the lines "yeah sure, no problem, it'll just be a few weeks, we're all in this together."

Remember that joke scenario: how do you boil a live frog without restraining it? Slowly turn up the heat. By the time it realizes what's going on, it's too late.

Don't be the frog.
    What people do vs what our leaders should be doing do not match. The majority get the government that they deserve.

no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

if the $600 a week is making you angry then don't look at the 2-5 million given in forgivable loans to the richest law firm in Pensacola that said it saved 0 jobs.... and all the other business of members on here who took 50K+ that were written in the investigative journalism piece of the payroll protection program... that's just welfare for the rich...

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

If they won’t cover the back rent then evict them once you can. Go through as much of the work as you can and get at the front of the line.

Duckyou

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    if the $600 a week is making you angry then don't look at the 2-5 million given in forgivable loans to the richest law firm in Pensacola that said it saved 0 jobs.... and all the other business of members on here who took 50K+ that were written in the investigative journalism piece of the payroll protection program... that's just welfare for the rich...

We where not in that piece- but we kept 9 people on staff with our Grant. Gave us enough time to get over the hump and keep everyone employed.

no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    We where not in that piece- but we kept 9 people on staff with our Grant. Gave us enough time to get over the hump and keep everyone employed.

Grant? Weren’t They’re SBA loans that are being foolishly forgiven. Glad it helped y’all stay afloat now pay it back!!!! business that took welfare handouts are no better than the unemployed getting their $600 handouts.... just don’t be hypocritical and think is anything different than free money grubbing on both sides....

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Grant? Weren’t They’re SBA loans that are being foolishly forgiven. Glad it helped y’all stay afloat now pay it back!!!! business that took welfare handouts are no better than the unemployed getting their $600 handouts.... just don’t be hypocritical and think is anything different than free money grubbing on both sides....
    Disaster relief is basically what it is. In some cases such relief are loans usually at low interest and in others money grants or simply food and materials. But, usually the entire nation is not declared a disaster zone. I just do not know enough about economics to say what is the smart thing to do. For the politicians, they want votes so they will hand out the money since it is in their interest to do so.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Just to be clear . . I would not really give a shit how much money the gov't handed out . . BUT !! . . the gov't has no money of it's own. That is MY money. Taxpayers(like my wife and I's) money.
    I do not care who it goes to,it is stll welfare. --- SAWMAN

Duckyou

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

It was actually a grant that is owed back if spent on qualifying expenses.

Only an idiot turns away money from the government.

Do you take any tax deductions? I take everyone available (and most years I itemize). The more of my money I keep the better.

We pay a lot more in taxes than we got from the PPA grant so I do not feel guilty. I work har d for my money and I do not owe you or the government a piece of the action, but I pay it as that is what the law states.

Duckyou

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Just to be clear . . I would not really give a shit how much money the gov't handed out . . BUT !! . . the gov't has no money of it's own. That is MY money. Taxpayers(like my wife and I's) money.
    I do not care who it goes to,it is stll welfare. --- SAWMAN

As I asked the other person - do you take deductions? That is the same thing.

Only an idiot volunteers money to the government.

no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    It was actually a grant that is owed back if spent on qualifying expenses.

Only an idiot turns away money from the government.

Do you take any tax deductions? I take everyone available (and most years I itemize). The more of my money I keep the better.

We pay a lot more in taxes than we got from the PPA grant so I do not feel guilty. I work har d for my money and I do not owe you or the government a piece of the action, but I pay it as that is what the law states.

Seems like you’re trying to convince yourself what you’re saying is true with an poor apples/oranges comparison ... tax deductions, yes I take them as I reduce the amount of MY money I have to pay the fiscally irresponsible government in annual taxes.... note the emphasis on MY money not yours.... you didn’t work hard for the free money so let’s not confuse the 2... taxes that everyone owes doesn’t mean you deserve welfare...

When you say “ you’d be a fool to turn away free money” then you’ve become just another welfare leech and that is MY and everyone else’s tax money going to leeches who appear to have not really needed it but it sure was nice as you even said before...Damn I bet it was... you got over and became a welfare benefactor but you don’t like it when it’s called what it really is... sorry, not sorry...

Top Bottom