• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bakron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Welcome to the free state of Florida, this is a great state to live in, I left Michigan and retired here in 2020 and never looking back.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    just a quick intro of myself. I’m retired USAF and finished my career in New Jersey. After that, I was offered a contractor job that I just couldn’t pass up so we stayed there for awhile. Several years ago, we sent our oldest to Pensacola Christian College. Of the 4 children we sent to PCC, only 1 ever came back to NJ. No big surprise. A few weeks ago, we were offered a new opportunity in Fort Walton. My lone NJ child also found a job here so the entire family is reunited for the first time in years.

Still in temp housing but aggressively looking for the forever home. Hopefully, enough land to be able to shoot in the backyand but, no luck yet. I’m sure we will end up north (of FWB) somewhere.

My father served in WW2 so I have a significant interest in that era. Currently looking for an M1 Carbine (illegal in NJ). That will pretty much fill out the WW2 collection….perhaps some more period pistols would be nice. Not a fan of plastic guns although they have their place….just not with me.

Once we find a home, I’ll be looking for an outside range. That’s the one thing I miss in NJ….had an incredible range just a few minutes from the house.

looking forward to joining the community. Already looking real hard at the classified section…another thing that’s non existent in NJ.
    here you go

TowViking

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    just a quick intro of myself. I’m retired USAF and finished my career in New Jersey. After that, I was offered a contractor job that I just couldn’t pass up so we stayed there for awhile. Several years ago, we sent our oldest to Pensacola Christian College. Of the 4 children we sent to PCC, only 1 ever came back to NJ. No big surprise. A few weeks ago, we were offered a new opportunity in Fort Walton. My lone NJ child also found a job here so the entire family is reunited for the first time in years.

Still in temp housing but aggressively looking for the forever home. Hopefully, enough land to be able to shoot in the backyand but, no luck yet. I’m sure we will end up north (of FWB) somewhere.

My father served in WW2 so I have a significant interest in that era. Currently looking for an M1 Carbine (illegal in NJ). That will pretty much fill out the WW2 collection….perhaps some more period pistols would be nice. Not a fan of plastic guns although they have their place….just not with me.

Once we find a home, I’ll be looking for an outside range. That’s the one thing I miss in NJ….had an incredible range just a few minutes from the house.

looking forward to joining the community. Already looking real hard at the classified section…another thing that’s non existent in NJ.
    Welcome! just leave all the NJ B.S there and adjust well to the good living down here. Left NJ back in 2010 to work the oilfield In Louisiana, eventually found my way to to Lower LA, just minutes from the FL state line. My parents bought Land in Baker, through this site where you can find property or homes that are foreclosed due to unpaid taxes and what not, you can find a place that appeals to you, contact the owners directly, offer to pay their back taxes and shoot them them a deal for the land on top that.. more than likely they’ll take what you’re offering.

Top Bottom