• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Anyone ever play/do this? Seems like there's a little bit of info hidden? So wondering if anyone has actually won anything on it and what was the total cost?
    If you buy your "bid packs" for either .65 to .75 cents each (1 penny equals .65 to .75 cent bid). So say you buy your pennies, and the end auction was $5.67.
    Do you have to .65/.75 cent x 5.67, even tho you already paid for your original bids? In short, I guess I'm saying Do you pay your pennies twice and everyone else's who bid?

bbentley40

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have not looked at egunner.. but generally the way the penny auction sites work is you buy bid packs.. at some rate per penny/bid. So to be simple we will say 0.50 per penny.. or $5.00 will get you 10 bids. Then lets say you win an auction for $10. You only have to pay the $10. BUT!! In order for the auction to get to $10, that means 1000 bids were placed. And they made 0.50 on each of those bids. So you won it for $10, they made $510. Like I said.. I have not looked at egunner.. but I did look into one of the other penny bidding sites a while back and thats what I figured out. May not be exactly how this one works.

Mouser

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes, I've played it and won a Springfield XD in a "rookie" auction....had about $50 in a $450 pistol so it worked out good.

I still play once in awhile when a gun comes up that I want...also, if you win, you can select a credit of 90% of the winning gun's value to use towards the purchase of a different gun. I periodically look to see if there is something I'm interested in and have played a couple of times since and not won outright...for what it is worth, this is what I do....when I find a gun I want, I buy enough bids to cover a good % of the price...a bid's cost is influenced by the number of bids you buy...every bid causes the price of the gun to go up $.01 and as you bid, there is a "buy it now" button you can use at any time to just buy the gun...that is why I wait until I see a gun I want, because if I don't win the gun, I can always buy it....costs a little more than if I just bought it outright, but it is not a complete loss.

It is gambling in a way, but since I won the first gun, I know I'm way "up on the house" so to speak...anyways, I thought it might be a scam of sorts as I kept seeing the same names bidding and such and I thought...that is probably the penny auction guys running their own price up...but no, that is not it..obviously there are a few people out there that have a lot of money to spend and are addicted to it. Anyways, I watched as a gun was won and thought, heck I'm gonna play, and I did and I won.

There is an auto bid function that some use alot and is nice when you have to walk away...many of the hardcore use this though I typically do not. Sometimes guns go pretty quick, and i've seen others go into the next day....most auctions start in the evening so if I do it, i prepare for a long night as sometimes it works that way. Also, make sure you have a good internet connection...i've lost a couple of auctions that my internet froze for a second too long...every bid, resets the clock and counts down from 15 seconds to 0 and the last one to bid with no others wins it...often a game of endurance and that is why I dont use the auto bid much.

Top Bottom