Patriot Mobile

Does anyone else do this when Glocks are mentioned??

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • standles

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't care what firearm you are a fanboy of as long as you are practiced and proficient with it. I have been asked by a couple of friends to help them find the "right" gun train them. I always reply no problem but it requires a commitment from you to practice a min of 100 rounds per month. Not much irritates me more than the folks buying a gun for protection and never shooting more then one mag through it.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    103   0   0
    Not a recall if you call it an upgrade.

Glock hasn't upgraded to fix a problem with their firearms. They upgrade to stay competitive and give the public what they want. That's called a business model. A recall is when the manufacturer sends out a letter to distributors, the buying public and places an ad in magazines stating what some owner's have experienced. Then ask those that bought their product to send them back on their dime for upgrading. Ruger, S&W, Sig Sauer x 2, Century, and others all fine firearms, have done this. Glock has not done this. Also consider the volume of firearms Glock makes. It wouldn't surprise me to learn worldwide more than all those mentioned above combined. You can say you like the feel of another weapon more than a Glock, you can say you like the looks of another firearm more than Glock, but you just can't argue with reliability and success. It's what you would expect from the company that started it all. Well maybe HK started it all.

Last edited:

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    i wasn’t talking about generational changes, I was talking about excellent marketing decisions by calling recalls voluntary upgrades.

i shoot glocks just fine and can pick them up so cheap it’s foolish to buy anything else, but I drank the kool aid and feel warm and fuzzy when I pin a hammer when holstering. So I found a platform that is stupid reliable, has its own success story and hasn’t had a major design change since the Glock gen 2 hit the market.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I hate Glocks - just a bunch of junk plastic.

I do have a way to repurpose them and will buy them for $250 each - any model any condition (You know because I repurpose them).

please pm me and let me know how many you have to get rid of so I can arrange pickup and cash payment.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A Glock may not be the handgun for you if:
    a. You care more about appearance than reliability.
    b. You require a manual safety due to poor handgun handling skills
    c. You can't comprehend and follow instructions for Safe disassembly of a handgun.
    d. You prefer an alternate grip angle over reliability.
    e. You prefer an alternate frame over capacity.
    f. You prefer the additional weight of metal frames to help your recoil sensitivity.
    g. You prefer a an Import over Made in the U.S.A.
    h. You prefer a product from a company that that has backstabbed 2A Rights or Civ ownership.
    I. You prefer your clone tupperware from companies that copied Glock.
    J. You prefer not to drink, no matter how many times you've been led to water.

Sarcasm and MHO, it won't win hearts or minds; carry what you trust. I've carried a bunch of different brands as primaries and BUGS by choice. I've had duty firearms that would not be my choice but I learned, adapted and trusted them. Some folks still choose .25/32APC and thats fine for them, I just don't want my partner so armed.

A Glock may not be the handgun for you if you don't have square hands...
    the absolute worst thing about them is the weird square grip...
    They also tend to point high due to the extreme angle of the grip.
    If you always go for the gutshot, it's not an issue,
    but if you prefer to make headshots after the draw,
    might want to pick something that actually fits a human hand
    instead of an Orangutan's.

Granted it's the AK47 of the pistol world...
    but there's plenty of options in that arena as well.

Duckyou

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    A Glock may not be the handgun for you if you don't have square hands...
    the absolute worst thing about them is the weird square grip...
    They also tend to point high due to the extreme angle of the grip.
    If you always go for the gutshot, it's not an issue,
    but if you prefer to make headshots after the draw,
    might want to pick something that actually fits a human hand
    instead of an Orangutan's.

Granted it's the AK47 of the pistol world...
    but there's plenty of options in that arena as well.

have you picked up a 48?

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    And a 1911 is not "square" ?? Check the difference in grip angles between a 1911 and a Glock 17.
    Pretty close huh.
    And - - -> put a tennis ball under your pistol and try to hang on to it. For me - -> SQUARE IS GOOD !! --- SAWMAN

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    When China Joe outlaws gun parts sales, all us Glock guys who have bought cheap and stacked deep will be keeping shit running while all them cool custom Nineteen Elebens that need new extractor tweaks or whatever will be outta luck. Not like they get shot or carried often anyway... ;)

Besides, this is just envy and we all know this is true...

iu

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Don't care what firearm you are a fanboy of as long as you are practiced and proficient with it. I have been asked by a couple of friends to help them find the "right" gun train them. I always reply no problem but it requires a commitment from you to practice a min of 100 rounds per month. Not much irritates me more than the folks buying a gun for protection and never shooting more then one mag through it.
    I agree 100% with what you wrote above, but in the current environment unless you reload OR bought a shit ton of ammo prior to Covid-ghetton, it’s a hard to get that much practice....good thing I also bought a S&W M&P-22 handgun and thousands of .22 rounds...and I reload.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A Glock may not be the handgun for you if:
    a. You care more about appearance than reliability.
    b. You require a manual safety due to poor handgun handling skills
    c. You can't comprehend and follow instructions for Safe disassembly of a handgun.
    d. You prefer an alternate grip angle over reliability.
    e. You prefer an alternate frame over capacity.
    f. You prefer the additional weight of metal frames to help your recoil sensitivity.
    g. You prefer a an Import over Made in the U.S.A.
    h. You prefer a product from a company that that has backstabbed 2A Rights or Civ ownership.
    I. You prefer your clone tupperware from companies that copied Glock.
    J. You prefer not to drink, no matter how many times you've been led to water.

Sarcasm and MHO, it won't win hearts or minds; carry what you trust. I've carried a bunch of different brands as primaries and BUGS by choice. I've had duty firearms that would not be my choice but I learned, adapted and trusted them. Some folks still choose .25/32APC and thats fine for them, I just don't want my partner so armed.

To begin:
    S&W1911.jpg

a. can I have both appearance & reliabilty?
    b. highly trained professionals regularly shoot themselves with their precise handling skills utilizing the Glock Safety System during actual Combat.
    c. Have you disassembled & reassembled your Glock Blindfolded in the dark. Bet you have or can do it with a 1911. LOL.
    d. 1911 grip angle?
    e. Point Conceded. 13 rounds per mag trumps 8 rounds per mag. But hand size may play into the equation.
    f. This shall only be proven with a timer on an actual range.
    g. Smyrna GA?
    h. Are these firearms Manufactured by Bill Ruger?
    i. Some firearms accepted by the Armed Forces have exceeded Glock in actual trials.
    j. I prefer not to drink water with my Whiskey no matter how many times you have led me outside the PUB.

LOL.

Duckyou

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    When China Joe outlaws gun parts sales, all us Glock guys who have bought cheap and stacked deep will be keeping shit running while all them cool custom Nineteen Elebens that need new extractor tweaks or whatever will be outta luck. Not like they get shot or carried often anyway... ;)

Besides, this is just envy and we all know this is true...

iu

Stop posting memes of me dancing!

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And a 1911 is not "square" ?? Check the difference in grip angles between a 1911 and a Glock 17.
    Pretty close huh.
    And - - -> put a tennis ball under your pistol and try to hang on to it. For me - -> SQUARE IS GOOD !! --- SAWMAN

I own only one 1911-style pistol...and that word "style" is important...
    a Ballester-Molina could never be called square-gripped in any way ;)
    Those ridges really give it some serious attachment to your hand.

ballester_with_correct_argentine_military_holster-1.jpg

Top Bottom