DK Firearms

Does a universal brace for handguns exist?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    After a recent car accident I find myself having a really hard time shooting handguns without an extra point of contact. Does anyone make a universal brace for regular handguns? In my mind, it doesn't seem like something too challenging, like a brace that mounts onto the under rail of most modern service pistols. Does something like that exist?

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After a recent car accident I find myself having a really hard time shooting handguns without an extra point of contact. Does anyone make a universal brace for regular handguns? In my mind, it doesn't seem like something too challenging, like a brace that mounts onto the under rail of most modern service pistols. Does something like that exist?

Well, you can attach something to it, but you run the risk of that being classified a fore grip and turning it into an AOW under the NFA. In other words, it will no longer be a "handgun".

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Well, you can attach something to it, but you run the risk of that being classified a fore grip and turning it into an AOW under the NFA. In other words, it will no longer be a "handgun".
    I've wondered but never wanted to gamble it. Recover Tactical's 20/20 glock brace does attach to the front pic rail but can't be easily modified for other gun models.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've wondered but never wanted to gamble it. Recover Tactical's 20/20 glock brace does attach to the front pic rail but can't be easily modified for other gun models.

Wouldn't be so bad if the $5 AOW stamp applied, but you'd be "manufacturing", which requires the $200 stamp initially. Later transfer (not that you would) is then the $5 stamp.

Remember the Serbu Shorty "shotguns" with a front folding grip? Buying one thru Class III dealer only cost the $5 with ATF because it had been "manufactured" and then you got it transferred to you.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Recover Tactical's 20/20 glock brace does attach to the front pic rail but can't be easily modified for other gun models.

I looked at it, as I was not familiar with it. They have an NFA warnings hot link on the product page, but when I click it the warnings mostly are obscured by some weird overlay block. In any event, I'm quite sure that they are telling you "all NFA rules apply", among other things. For the forward grip only, that would be AOW.

I see they also have a "stabilizer kit". It is similar to the KPOS, which I think was one of the first (Ronin came later, I think). I had looked at getting one of those when they first came out. It causes you to have created an SBR due to addition of a shoulder stock. Seemingly more attractive to go that route if you're going to have to pay the $200 anyway, but then you'd need to get your frame properly engraved. Lot of trouble.

Last edited:

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Look into those odd ones the brits have to use to be legal. They make them that branch off the magwell and sort of look like a stick with a knob on them. I think they tuck them into their armpit to shoot them. That may be a cheap way to fit one on some models like 1911s I know for sure they have it for. Not sure on the legalities of them tho but they're not a stock per say so should be legal. I think they call them pistol counterweight there. But here's a few "one size fits all" types I've seen that either clip on the rail like u asked, or simply strap on that I've noticed around. But the best are chassis style ones. With the best being those that replace the whole lowers with a 1913 style lower. Or what I call the clamp on style ones. The best ice seen of these are ones like the KPOS, it's all metal and has AR like controls. I built a MP-57 tho that would be perfect for a guy with your issues. It's a niche caliber and kind of expensive to build tho
    a0a425f750ff88c183ba152e7a85e2fd.jpg
    0c445e51ea2570f6577576f755bcd895.jpg
    a1b899e8e262ba9787101abd138f2f0e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't forget your "Glock switch" for full auto fire. If you're goin to club fed, go out with a "bang" or thirty.

Crazy what's sold freely now. When the KPOS first came out, Jay's treated it as a Class III item. No over the counter sale.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Don't forget your "Glock switch" for full auto fire. If you're goin to club fed, go out with a "bang" or thirty.

Crazy what's sold freely now. When the KPOS first came out, Jay's treated it as a Class III item. No over the counter sale.
    They have legal glock binaries on the way to put in your KPOS if ya wanna go half rebel!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Something I do with semi autos. I can't find a photo. But it's like this. Keep the slide away from your face. Also no revolvers unless wearing fire/ blast resistant shirt.( cylinder gap!!) Also watch the end of the barrel. Works best with g17L.
    hathcock.jpg

Top Bottom