• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I realize that this is probably a Chevy vs Ford kind of question but I need a new drill, and I want a good one. I want it to be corded as I don't use one often enough to keep batteries charged to get a cordless one. I don't use Any power tools often enough to go cordless. I had my cheap Ryobi smoking like a smoke stack the last time I used it, so this time I want a good one, with the rotating handle. Just to be clear in my mind, 10 amp is more powerful than 8.5 amp, correct? So,
    DeWalt or Milwaukee, and where should I get it from? What about Northern Tool? Thanks all.

Dave308

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I personally like Milwaukee or Bosch over Dewalt. But for general use I wouldn’t hesitate on any of them. I have used just about all the brands and for me they all work. I even like Ryobi because they don’t keep changing their batteries. I’m still using batteries years old in their new drills. Most of my serious tools are Bosch. I haven’t broke one yet. My oldest drill is a corded Mikita 20 yrs old. Still runs great.

pete repete

NOT AN EXPERT
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    i was in austin over christmas visiting family. my son in law works at a fabrication company. he told me the owner has been in the business 30 years and buys nothing but milwaukee. he claims it is heads over the competition. take it for what its worth.

Carl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’ve been using Milwaukee corded and battery impact and drill for years. No complaints! I’m sure dewalt is fine too though, a lot of buddy’s use them.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    My only corded drill is a 35 year old Craftsman.
    I’ve got DeWalt and Ridgid 20 volt sets with drill, saw, grinder, etc.
    The Ridgid is a little bulkier and heavier but it’s got a lifetime guarantee including free battery replacement.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I use these tools everyday. I would not consider a bosch. They are not what they were.
    Milwaukee or the dewalt will serve you fine.
    I'd go down to the store and hold them. The ergonomics may sell you from one to the other.
    All my tools are dewalt, but I have a makita side grinder. As an example. Just fits my hand better.

ted-hurst

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Milwaukee, we use them at work and they hold up pretty well. I've had older Dewalt cordless any they didn't hold up as well. I do like the Dewalt corded stuff.

Ted

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Either/Or, but go with the higher amp one, it'll last longer especially when applying heavy pressure on the handle for those quick bite and drill spots.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I bought an 18v cordless Ryobi set about 15 years ago, I’ve since then replaced the batteries and a few of the tools, but I wouldn’t just write off batteries because you think you won’t use it enough. I have a chainsaw, pole saw, weed eater, leaf blower, air compressor, plus all the actual tools, that all use the same battery, and that’s where you might find that you could use the battery more than you think. I don’t buy anything that plugs into the wall anymore, I use my stuff to much everywhere except at my home.

Just my thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Milwaukee, we use them at work and they hold up pretty well. I've had older Dewalt cordless any they didn't hold up as well. I do like the Dewalt corded stuff.

Ted
    Not really dewalts fault there. Just technology. You won't have an issue with the new lithium stuff in any brand. The old nicad just didn't cut it, but all that was available at the time.

Top Bottom