• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J pace

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For those of you who are unfamiliar with this breed of dog let me share a few things, 1st off they are livestock guard dogs they are very territorial ,if This particular dog lives close to your grass patch you will not have to worry about Coyotes. Generally they will not mess with deer It's just another goat to Them. Generally bear do not even venture through their territory Which is somewhere around a quarter of a mile. You will not see him very often unless he is Investigating a sound or smell. They are not vicious dogs you do not have to worry about him personally. They are notorious barkers, This is how they establish their territory basically they're saying I am a very big dog and this is my territory. And generally that's all it takes to maintain their territory. As far as no collar generally They are not simply because it is something else for them to get tangled in. You can understand this as these dogs spend most of their life unsupervised on large tracks of land.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Farm off to the east, used to be 2 of them. Game warden has pictures and supposedly went to the farmer and talked to him during deer season.

JedClpIT

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    For those of you who are unfamiliar with this breed of dog let me share a few things, 1st off they are livestock guard dogs they are very territorial ,if This particular dog lives close to your grass patch you will not have to worry about Coyotes. Generally they will not mess with deer It's just another goat to Them. Generally bear do not even venture through their territory Which is somewhere around a quarter of a mile. You will not see him very often unless he is Investigating a sound or smell. They are not vicious dogs you do not have to worry about him personally. They are notorious barkers, This is how they establish their territory basically they're saying I am a very big dog and this is my territory. And generally that's all it takes to maintain their territory. As far as no collar generally They are not simply because it is something else for them to get tangled in. You can understand this as these dogs spend most of their life unsupervised on large tracks of land.
    I should put one in the goat field.

J pace

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Generally you should look at his presence as a positive not a negative. If he is An established member of the community. In other words if his identity is known to the local deer population they will pay no attention To him And he will not tolerate stray dogs in his territory. I speak from experience this is a picture of my 2.
    30123474277437.jpeg

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Generally you should look at his presence as a positive not a negative. If he is An established member of the community. In other words if is identity his is known to the local deer population they will pay no attention To him And he will not tolerate stray dogs in his territory. I speak from experience this is a picture of my 2. View attachment 179360
    Good to know. Tks. I don't have any problems with people's dogs especially dogs that are good for the area.

Action

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Generally you should look at his presence as a positive not a negative. If he is An established member of the community. In other words if his identity is known to the local deer population they will pay no attention To him And he will not tolerate stray dogs in his territory. I speak from experience this is a picture of my 2. View attachment 179360
    Would he bite me if he caught me fishing in that pond or should I worry about the little dog?

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Generally you should look at his presence as a positive not a negative. If he is An established member of the community. In other words if his identity is known to the local deer population they will pay no attention To him And he will not tolerate stray dogs in his territory. I speak from experience this is a picture of my 2. View attachment 179360

Those two on the left look like trouble!

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Unpopular opinion. Humans with bad hunting habits (scent control, frequenting an area too much, hunting wrong wind) are much more detrimental to a deer herd than a couple stray dogs passing through on occasion.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    A pair, then 45 mins later a deer was there. Dumped some old sardines out a few days ago.
    spypoint_297841658305599.jpg
    Hot sauce and mustard ones. Lol.

Top Bottom