• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ctc1066

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I recently acquired a late '70's Dan Wesson .357 magnum model 15-2 with a 6" barrel. The frame bluing is about 95% but there is a fair amount of wear and light pitting on the barrel near the muzzle and the usual wear on the cylinder. I can get a new 2 1/2" barrel from DW and would like to get a 4" as well. The question is from a value standpoint will the new barrels add anything beyond the actual cost of the barrel or will it detract from the gun since it is not the original barrel? Or should I just sell it and find one in better condition to begin with? The gun is a beast and shoots very well.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Personally, I think the added value will be just that, or slightly less, than the added barrels.

The original "Pistol Packs" is where the money is.

I once had a Dan Wesson "Hunter Pack", a .44 Magnum with two 8" barrels, one with irons, the other with a factory supplied Burris 2X scope. Came in the Samsonite case as do the "Pistol Packs", without a doubt I regret ever selling it but my interests way back then were quite different than today.

Flounder Hounder

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You should just scrap it... I will come pick it up and get rid of it for you, trying to help a buddy out.
    I sold mine back in the 90s and have regretted it every since. If you do decide to sell, please keep me in mind.

Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    First of all the best place to find barrels is fleabay. I go on there from time to time just to see what parts and pieces are out there. There is always a pretty good selection of barrels on there. I have the pistol pack with most all the stuff, mine has six barrels, the only one I don’t have is the 12 inch barrel. The 15 inch barrel is worth at a minimum $1500.00 I saw one with box sell on gunjoker sell for $1800.00. Anyway great pistol.

ctc1066

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    First of all the best place to find barrels is fleabay. I go on there from time to time just to see what parts and pieces are out there. There is always a pretty good selection of barrels on there. I have the pistol pack with most all the stuff, mine has six barrels, the only one I don’t have is the 12 inch barrel. The 15 inch barrel is worth at a minimum $1500.00 I saw one with box sell on gunjoker sell for $1800.00. Anyway great pistol.
    Yes, ebay has a few right now. CZ/Dan Wesson has the 2 1/2" barrels for $190 and they hope to have the 4" in stock in the near future.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The new 2 & 4 inch shrouds will have new blueing without wear. So if you just select one of the two it should increase the value a little more than just the price paid. Selecting both may be a bit riskier. If the goal is to keep it, get them both and just enjoy the flexibility. JMHO.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom