DK Firearms

Curious on motorcycle riding class recommendations…

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • decked7

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I’m looking to get my motorcycle endorsement and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on where to take a class? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

I’m in Pensacola, FL.The

The Harley dealer in Ft Walton has a good course, they do advanced and basic riders courses

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    My red 1992 Nighthawk 250, back in 99. Not too different from yours! Quite possibly the best kind of bike to learn on... the cheap kind.
    Screenshot_20210924-214259_Chrome.jpg

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Plenty of turns on the Tail of the Dragon on Hwy 129 in western N.C/Eastern Tn.
    318 turns in 11 miles.
    On my Honda Africa Twin.
    View attachment 131659
    3 bikes ago in 2014 I bought a new 2013 Honda 500X adventure bike, the little brother to your Honda Africa Twin adventure bike. It was quite nimble in the turns. Before I bought my current 1200 Sportster, I went shopping for the Honda 700cc adventure bike, the middle brother. I could not find one, at all! The local Honda dealer (Pensacola Motorsports) said they didn't even bother ordering any of the Hondas this year because "adventure bikes don't sell". (!!!) After I had already bought my 500X adventure bike from them before moving to Maine in late 2014... They're a Kawasaki dealer too, and didn't even bother ordering any of the new KLR 650's either, my second choice. They suck! And this year was the first year of the massive KLR650 overhaul upgrade with new fuel injection... and Pensacola Motorsports just didn't bother.

RedcedarHunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    You guys are awesome on suggestions,stories! I seriously cannot wait to ride. I’m going to call PSC/UWF and see if they offer anything…otherwise I guess I’ll swing by Harley on 29 or the Hadji shrine (thanks SAWMAN). Do I need to have all my riding gear purchased before class? To be honest I was thinking of getting a Honda VFR Interceptor once I’ve got my endorsement, my dad had one when I was growing up and I loved it! However I don’t think I should start riding/take a class on one. Any decent starter bike recs? Raven I saw the one you sent me!! Thanks so much!

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Being retired military, when in they actually gave you a set of “orders” to take the course on base for a few days…at MCAS Miramar in San Diego, I used thier “free” bike, a Honda Rebel 250. Nice bike (balance) compared to what everyone was actually going to ride once done with the course. Only thing about the course I didn’t care for was they treated everyone like a idiot to start as if you never even knew how to ride a bicycle. We had to push each other around the course to see if you knew how to balance a bike. Hell all they had to do was ask. Everyone had to have a permit which actually lets you ride in traffic…other than that, a great course. My first bike was my Uncles Honda 350. Ran when parked…
    D3DF6D54-07B7-4ED6-A7DA-A5159C054519.jpeg
    2544CF63-0DDC-4E2A-AA24-69F155CA01C0.jpeg
    E01F8708-8D54-4AF6-976C-E1B7198D5DD3.jpeg

Top Bottom