• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boardfeet

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Can't beat a Porsche! I've had a 924, 2-944's and a 928. Never owned an air-cooled which means to the people that did have air coolers I was not really ever a Porsche owner. The 928 was my favorite, no Corvette at that time could touch it. I got away from them because of the difficulty of working on them. When you begin to get older you don't seem to enjoy working in such tight places anymore. The Corvette is much easier but can still be a bitch.
    Never turned a wrench on this car.
    It is a 2005 997.
    Owned it since new.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Never turned a wrench on this car.
    It is a 2005 997.
    Owned it since new.
    That makes a big difference, you bought it new and have obviously taken care of it. You never know how one has been treated by the previous owner unless he has kept a meticulous maintenance log on it. Which some people do. I got mine used so I expected them to have been run hard. I didn't have a lot of problems but parts could be expensive and everything was in a tight place. I loved all mine and miss them. Even at my age I have been hankering for a hard top Boxster lately.

Boardfeet

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That makes a big difference, you bought it new and have obviously taken care of it. You never know how one has been treated by the previous owner unless he has kept a meticulous maintenance log on it. Which some people do. I got mine used so I expected them to have been run hard. I didn't have a lot of problems but parts could be expensive and everything was in a tight place. I loved all mine and miss them. Even at my age I have been hankering for a hard top Boxster lately.
    I had a Boxster for a while. Neat car. Trunk in the front as well as one in the back,
    They handle like a go cart. Mid engine car. I did have to have an alternator replaced in my 911 shortly after I purchased it. Thankfully it was covered by the warranty. They had to drop the engine out to replace it. The total covered by the warranty was over 3k. I paid zero.
    Oil changes and service on a Porsche is not as bad as everyone thinks. Oil change runs about $350.00. Every 15,000 miles or once a year. 11 qts of Mobil 1

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Well, the joys of a hobby car come full swing sort of...
    Vette burnt the EBCM due to a battery shortage, no biggie, car can drive and function fine without ABS. The caveat being no one makes the modules anymore and they're hard to come by and marked up almost as much as ammo right now. Haha

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Vette burnt the EBCM due to a battery shortage, no biggie, car can drive and function fine without ABS. The caveat being no one makes the modules anymore and they're hard to come by and marked up almost as much as ammo right now. Haha
    This???

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All right JW, here is a song to play as you cruise around. It popped up on my youtube homepage. I have never heard it before and have never heard anybody mention it. The pics of the Corvettes are worth watching the video for!

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    All right JW, here is a song to play as you cruise around. It popped up on my youtube homepage. I have never heard it before and have never heard anybody mention it. The pics of the Corvettes are worth watching the video for!

Ha! That's awesome! Can't believe you've never heard that song though! I thought it was a staple of the south.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Robbie Wing on Burgess road. I don't know the name of the company but I can get it for you. He rebuilds any electronic box and all guage clusters for dealers. He is a whiz. If it can be fixed he can do it.

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    97s to 00s EBCMs are hard to find if not impossible, and they are not repairable. 01s to 04s are. Last I saw if you found a used one they were $1500 an up. I have an 01 and it has the usual problems, mostly from neglect by POs, most have been repaired.

Latest posts

Top Bottom