• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joraca

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is Fox News making a big deal of it, and the Gov. He thought he could ramp testing up high enough to force down the percent positives, and claim that as progress. Didn't understand that he could only ramp up testing linearly, while the virus could ramp up infections exponentially.

It is the daily positives that matter. Four weeks or so from now, 1 to 5% of those will translate into daily deaths. I don't care what the negatives are, or the percent positive.

My 6th grade teacher taught me that her rights end where mine begin. Folks ought to wear masks out of respect for other's rights, if they are going to be close to them. It doesn't seem like people are willing to do that, though.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'll just leave this here, found this comment on an article about a guy pulling a gun on a guy who confronted him for not wearing a mask!

"You’re a FOOL, just like all the other lemmings that are conforming to this BS!

Any REAL doctor or scientist (I’m a biologist) will tell you that wearing these masks is more detrimental than beneficial, based on scientific and medical facts, not supposition:

FACT 1: Masks do not/cannot prevent viral intrusion. Viruses are too small to be filtered by them. Period.
    FACT 2: Masks DO suppress the immune system by forcing wearers to re-inhale their bacteria-laden CO2 (carbon dioxide); a waste product the body is trying to expel in order to take in oxygen.
    FACT 3: Blood is normally between 7.3 to 7.4 on the pH scale which means it’s slightly alkaline. The inability to expel carbon dioxide quickly enough lowers the pH, causing respiratory acidosis which is unhealthy.
    FACT 4: Long-term mask use causes hypoxia, a condition that can inhibit the type of main immune cells used to fight viral infections (CD4+T-lymphocyte). Any infection – including COVID-19 – is now easier to contract.
    FACT 5: According to 17 of the best scientific studies, there exists no conclusive relationship between mask/respirator use and protection against influenza infection.
    FACT 6: If Fauci et al had any real interest in public health they would be stressing the importance of keeping one’s IMMUNE SYSTEM healthy (especially optimizing vitamin D3 – plus C and zinc) and taking reasonable precautions like
    frequent hand washing. “A healthy body harbors no disease.”
    FACT 7: These masks are designed for short term use, and yet most of the people wearing them are doing so for hours, days, even weeks longer than intended. And they are USELESS when saturated with moisture.

This whole mask issue is a placebo. Any medical personnel who support this mask crap should lose their medical license!"

bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

joraca

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Masks are effective at preventing coronavirus infection, according to the CDC, JAMA:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    about 40,000 die a year in vehicle accidents, cut the speed limit to 5mph, all of those go away
    about 70,000 to 100,000 die a year from overdose, of one kind or another, many of those avoidable
    about 80,000 a year die from alcohol, ban alcohol, those go away
    about 400,000 to 500,000 die from tobacco a year, ban that, those go away

everything has a risk, and a cost. the cost of not opening the nation back up now, will be far greater damage than it is "saving"

my trust is not in a mask, or the cdc, dr fauci, or the govt. my trust is in this wonderfully designed body, meant to survive and given many mechanisms to do that

but the govt can go pound sand if they think they can successfully mandate nationwide mask use, they are pissing up a rope..it aint happening

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    lol, you will if you patronize any walmart come this monday.

I've already made plans to get what ever I need from Walmart or Sam's this weekend and will be doing my grocery shopping elsewhere after Monday. Mandating us to wear masks is anal, some say they work some say they don't I still think about how a fart can escape underwear and blue jeans but they don't think a virus can escape a thin cloth mask LOL!

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    If you've been shopping at Wal-Mart since last September when the CEO announced he is using company profits to donate to anti-2A groups AND he uses the company resources (leverage, letterhead, money, access, etc) to Actively LOBBY in DC for anti-2A legislation, and only Now are you considering going somewhere else, then your personal priorities are clear.

At least you've finally woken up to what kind of company wal-mart is: Un-American and politically driven.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Joel, a new buisness "start up" in this time of (even) fake CV will get you a $100,000 no payback if you cry poverty loan.
    Good strong coffee,gun,shooting,hunting,reloading talk,no politics or religion,get together place,leave with a giant bag of pecans, . . . GREAT !! --- SAWMAN

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I would not support any business that requires a mask. Instacart will be my go to for groceries. I pair of Levi’s hasn’t held in a fart in the past 200 years. Where is your proof that a mask will keep me safe from the COVID. I’m not participating in fear mongering.

Tell me more about how this Instacart works? Looked at their website, looks interesting!

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've already made plans to get what ever I need from Walmart or Sam's this weekend and will be doing my grocery shopping elsewhere after Monday. Mandating us to wear masks is anal, some say they work some say they don't I still think about how a fart can escape underwear and blue jeans but they don't think a virus can escape a thin cloth mask LOL!
    True, but it wil keep those droplets in your pants. Lol

joraca

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Say you have 20 specimens and you know the positivity rate is 5%. Chances are that there is only 1 of the 20 that is positive. Make 4 pools of 5 lots each and test them. Assuming only 1 of the 4 pools is positive, go back and test each of the 5 that were placed in the pool to find the true postive. You've done a total of 9 tests to assess all 20 specimens. Turnaround time and test expense is reduced.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So a document of unknown origin was prepared for the White House Covid Task Force (I could prepare something for them too) but it is not recognized, referenced or publicly acknowledge by the WHCTF. So the document has ZERO credibility. Yeah, it could be another leak or false info but the content really doesn't rock the boat. Its only use can be to compare current actions with mystery document. Oh, No: Gov isn't following or failed to follow all mystery paper text!
    Where's the beef?

Top Bottom