Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

Closest beach that's open?

Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

FUPAGUNT

Reaction score
Are any beaches around here open at all? What would be the closest to Pace? This crap is putting a nice damper on the Spring Pompano fishing

CESwartz07

GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
Other side of Walton county at least, or maybe Mississippi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

FUPAGUNT

Reaction score
Da fuq. Looking into it in think Santa Rosa Beach may be the closest that may be open. Can anyone that lives out that way confirm it? Feel free to PM

FUPAGUNT

Reaction score
All of Walton and Bay Co beaches are closed
That's what I thought as well but there was a guy that posted pics on PFF from 3/24 fishing on santa rosa beach. Idk

DFSgunner

Reaction score
That's what I thought as well but there was a guy that posted pics on PFF from 3/24 fishing on santa rosa beach. Idk
I reckon it's beach at your own risk then. I know no one is supposed to be down there but maybe the cops are not enforcing it. I don't know

wildrider666

Reaction score
Two Panama City Beach pier's are open, St. Andrews State Park/Pier is closed. Further east Mexico Beach is open but being monitored closely for group size and distancing. Kayaks are fairly cheap and fun to fish.

kidsoncoffee

GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
Kayaks are fairly cheap and fun to fish.
Yeah I think it's time to rebuild the carbs on my jet ski and get back to jet ski fishing. I figure I can anchor just outside the break in the gulf and catch some pompano like I want.

SAWMAN

GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
Go from Pensacola Beach down towards Navarre. About half way,go down to the beach and fish. Nobody around. You are firmly practicing "social distancing".
Hard to believe that any authority would give you any shit for it. Hell . . with a 30lb gun belt on,not many could walk down there anyway in the soft beach sand. And if by chance they make it,get them to help you carry your gear back to your vech. Tell them . . "This is the serve part of to protect and to serve."
Make sure to thank them for the help. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

FLT

Reaction score
Just go ahead and go fishing, if anyone approaches you just start coughing and rubbing your forehead while mumbling that you feel like you’re burning up with a fever, that will make them reconsider the importance of stopping you from fishing.

Welldoya

Reaction score
I’m biased but seems like they could open the beach from 6:00 - 9 am for fishermen since it’s pompano season.
I guess it’s easier to just keep it closed to everybody.
Did I hear they might open April 1?

wildrider666

Reaction score

FUPAGUNT

Reaction score
Book em Dano:

Do they not even proofread the shit before they post it? I barely got through that second paragraph.

I wonder if the fuzz would bust my balls if I was a single dude as far away from people as possible (like I usually prefer) just trying to put a couple fish in the freezer? Probably so I better just stay home. Its dipshits like that who ruin it for everyone else

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Reaction score
On Escambia Bay, is the city park known as the bluffs that leads to a beach on the other sides of the Rail Road track still open? google says:
6AM–6PM
Bay Bluffs Park, Monday hours
Years ago there was a murder there. It used to be a meeting place for homosexuals that would hook up in down pensacola and drive their IIRC. Anyway some years ago a couple of outstanding citizens from Pace, FL beat a stranger to death over there.

SAWMAN

GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
A over abundance of butt-wranglers and under abundance of Pompano . . . NOT for me. --- SAWMAN

IronBeard

Reaction score
Watched Santa Rosa SD cruise right by a bunch of yutes playing basketball at Navarre park yesterday. Yes, yes, I know, there was probably something more important/pressing that I was not aware of. I'm sure there was......

CESwartz07

GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
Watched Santa Rosa SD cruise right by a bunch of yutes playing basketball at Navarre park yesterday. Yes, yes, I know, there was probably something more important/pressing that I was not aware of. I'm sure there was......
County parks are still open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

FrommerStop

Reaction score
Coronavirus: Pensacola parks still open, but mayor warns people to stay in small groups

1585669643441.png

1585669561766.png

Toggle Sidebar