• ...and so much more!
  • Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I would point out the “Beware” threads today for Ben Ghazi and Tritonboy2001 as prime examples of a system that could be changed for the better.
    I appreciate the work you guys do for the forum and I really enjoy everything I have learned from other members.

I dont know how it would be possible to prevent two guys who are sour over the way a deal was handled from venting about it. As long as its in the appropriate section, its more a reflection on them than it is on the forum as a whole.

What would you do to the member review section to change it for the better?

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    DTD, I understand your post #105. And apparently you have taken care of these past "problems". What I do not understand is exactly why the length of time my add is up,is so irritating to some of the "supposedly" smarter members of this forum.
    To me it is common sense why leaving a add up does not deminish it effectiveness to the point of the item will never sell. This comes from my and Franks DIRECT expierances.
    As a side note - - -> will a mod PLEASE fix Dan' s ignore function so that he can start doing his job as a spell checking "junior" mod. Thanks --- SAWMAN

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I enjoyed Frank's Mossy ad musings, much better to insert some well intended levity rather than an equivalent numper of boring Bumps. The stuffed shirts can just skip over it and don't open it! How hard is it to exercise YOUR Choice. I'm just waiting for Sawman to sell his cold suit so I can put up my Remington Cold Wx ensemble. Lol but true.

I'm thinking the Buyer/Seller Reviews is a place that could benefit from a limit to two party Posts: OP and the Member identified in subj line. That's the only thing that Members need to read to form their own opinions. Cheering or heckling comments are only relevant if they have dealt with those Members and did THEIR own B/S Reivew. This crap goes from Post and Rebuttal (if bad), then the peanut gallery jumps in, chooses sides and then they argue points between themselves and the main players too. And then the Mods got to shut down what evolves into another shit show.

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I would point out the “Beware” threads today for Ben Ghazi and Tritonboy2001 as prime examples of a system that could be changed for the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My absolute favorite rating and feedback system I've seen on any forum is the AK Files. They use the iTrader plugin. Any time two people do a deal, those two can rate the transaction positive / negative / neutral on the other's profile, along with a comment section so you can detail how it went down. There is also an average feedback percentage displayed under the member's info on every post, anywhere on the forum.

For instance, you see a pistol you want here in the For Sale section and pop into the thread - you see this particular member has a 100% feedback score from multiple individuals. Vice versa, you pop in and see a 60% feedback score and might reconsider dealing with them. This would eliminate the need for a feedback forum section entirely and keep bad transactions from devolving into crap flinging contests on the open forum. It also encourages more honesty and good practices because if you're a jerk, it's visible to everyone right from the jump. I don't know if iTrader is compatible with this forum's software, but I'd strongly suggest looking into it (admins & mods).

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I'll tell ya WR,I have lost so damn much weight that I really should try it back on before I sell it.
    It most likely will still be a little long though.
    There were several times in the last couple of years,that with "enough" clothes on,I got pretty freakin' cold during my night hunting.
    I just might roll it up,put it back in the parachute bag,and keep in the back of my buggy.
    All in all,after some days reading through these posts,I feel that these "fixes" are to a problem that either NEVER existed,or existed in a small,very limited amount. It certinly brought out or confirmed the asshole in some members.
    It looks to me like it was something of a PITA for the mods,a money maker for the owner,and fun for most of the non spell checker members.
    Did the end justify the means ?? If the OWNER feels so,then it did. ---- SAWMAN

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sweet. Looks like we are making progress here. Next item up for discussion should be the feedback system. I also am in agreement with the i-trader type system. That way you don't have to search user name, it will be listed in there profile under there user name.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sweet. Looks like we are making progress here. Next item up for discussion should be the feedback system. I also am in agreement with the i-trader type system. That way you don't have to search user name, it will be listed in there profile under there user name.

But I want to rant and rave about someone for weeks because someone does not pay over price plus a 5% transaction fee by mail with a UPS money order plus a $45 shipping fee while giving them a copy of your birth certificate, driver license, finger prints, DNA sample within 8.5 hours of telling them you want their item....

(This is sarcasm)

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I like the idea of turning off reply's in the sales section. If you have a question or need more pics. PM the dude!!! Pretty freaking simple... One main reason I don't join them sales groups on fag book. To many people got to be smart A@$$ and post stupid stuff on your ad.

Also I might list something on here and I don't follow the thread or might not get on again for a while. I kinda don't get on this forum that much anymore gets to political for me. I figure if you need something you are smart enough to PM me.

Just wanted to add. If you are selling stuff learn how to post pics. Learn how to do a good sells ad. It's not hard. I sell alot of stuff not really on here and i'm very successful. I have made alot of money on eBay, FB, Craiglist, etc... It's not hard just take the time to make a good ad. Makes all the difference.

Selling stuff is a PITA and people think they have the ball in there court when they want to buy from you. This is not true :)

Example: No User Name but selling a gun on here get a message I'm live here and you need to bring it to me. (Well here is like an 1 1/2 to 2 hour drive one way) Not gonna happen folks. I think most people selling are not desperate enough to drive that far to sell unless you paying extra for delivery. Buyers get Dumb sometimes. !!!

Another Example not on here but we just had a garage sale. I had an item online for sale that was in the garage sale. I get this dude telling me that he wants it and to hold it and I S@#$ you not tells me "I have first right of refusal" I laughed and asked are you a lawyer??? You have no rights and if you want it here is the address and get your you know what over here and you can buy it. Needless to say it sold and he was not the buyer. LOL

Sorry just ranting and my once in a blue moon post. ha ha

Last edited:

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I like the rating system on AR-15.com, it’s similar to other online marketplaces

So I was poking around in the PM system here. Under peoples icons it looks like there is a place for ratings. There is a green box, red box, and gray box - under that is a spot that says "add feedback"
    I tested it on RidgeRunner (I got some mags to split with another forum member) and it looks like he now has one green mark and no red or gray. When you go to fill out the add feedback you fill out if you are the buyer or seller, the url of the post, list a short title and then it has a comments section.

I don't see the ratings showing up in the general threads under peoples names though.

Hope this helps!

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Turning off the reply's will also cut down on the dumb posts like... Nice so and so GLWS. ha ha ha ha.

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Idea:

All posts go into a holding file and released at moderator's discretion. Prevent problems before they occur. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Idea:

All posts go into a holding file and released at moderator's discretion. Prevent problems before the occur. :rolleyes:

very labor intensive, posts awaiting moderation should be applied only for a few members..

kind of something a liberal forum would do imo.

Top Bottom