• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexKev

Marksman
    Administrator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After too much time spent modding frequent needless comments in classified ads, the mods have decided we will go with ZERO replies/comments allowed in any classified ads thread. This works on other forums and should work well here.

Effective in the next day or so, the ability to reply to any thread in the Classifieds area will be turned off. If you are interested in contacting a thread starter, use the Conversation System (Start Conversation Button under that user’s profile) to contact the individual, please.

You will still be allowed to 'Bump' your own thread once per day.

There is a Bump thread button – see attached.

BUMP.PNG

Thanks in advance from the mods.

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I get the needless comments part, but it would be nice to be able to ask questions about an item on the open forum. This will inform others and maybe they would not have to “pm” the same question or info over and over

Also, will the bump feature allow price changes or the addition or deletion of info by the OP?

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I get the needless comments part, but it would be nice to be able to ask questions about an item on the open forum. This will inform others and maybe they would not have to “pm” the same question or info over and over

Also, will the bump feature allow price changes or the addition or deletion of info by the OP?
    What he said. I quote the op when I reply so I can refer to the original post.

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I completely agree with what has been said above. I think the OP’s inbox will be slap full and will slow down the sale of an item due to having to individually have to respond to each question. Not to mention if the OP is selling more then one item. Seems to me far to many people are to sensitive on here and need to thicken their skin. JMHO

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    If we can close, lock a thread when sold ect. I think that would cut down on the majority of the bs

Even in a non sale thread if we could lock or close it ourselves. We could police ourselves when threads get out of hand

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    If we can close, lock a thread when sold ect. I think that would cut down on the majority of the bs

Even in a non sale thread if we could lock or close it ourselves. We could police ourselves when threads get out of hand
    This

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I believe if it's not a direct question about an item a moderator should just delete it. We are all guilty at some point or another but the for sale section is turning into a free for all. I don't agree with cutting out all replies to posts. There are some members on here that specifically post do not pm me. Most people don't leave their number in their ad.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Whoops. Already an issue. Lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200731-161538.png
      Screenshot_20200731-161538.png
      83.6 KB · Views: 141

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    not really a good solution as the OP could get the same question 10 times for a reply instead of once in the thread...I hate all the fun is leaving the forum
    Although, the OP might (?) learn to post ALL details regarding what he is trying to sell ;IE, Not just for sale a 308 AR, BUT for sale, stock ,XYZ 308 AR, 24" Bbl.. .910 OD at the muzzle, .963 ON at the GB. comes with 10 & 20 Rd. OME mags.
    Send PM's

Last edited:

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Can we start a thread in general gun conversation about a gun posted in the for sale section? Just guys talking about something they saw.
    Might be a work around.;)

Kind of feels like YouTube. This speech gets banned, OK. What is next?

Oops. Hope I don't get banned for this post. Hmmmm. better watch what I say and keep a low profile.

Last edited:

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Although, the OP might (?) learn to post ALL details regarding what he is trying to sell ;IE, Not just for sale a 308 AR, BUT for sale, stock ,XYZ 308 AR, 24" Bbl.. .910 OD at the muzzle, .963 ON at the GB. Send PM's
    Those threads need to be deleted too. Ar10 for sale. May list a brand, but zero info from there.
    Doesn't say how many rounds fired. New, used or broken. The brand may be the lower only or it could be a complete factory rifle.
    This is mostly an issue with new comers.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I believe if it's not a direct question about an item a moderator should just delete it. We are all guilty at some point or another but the for sale section is turning into a free for all. I don't agree with cutting out all replies to posts. There are some members on here that specifically post do not pm me. Most people don't leave their number in their ad.

i will not leave my ph# in a post, that is what pms are for....i hate texting, i keep that to a min... i miss sometimes that they want a text, i either pm, or call..

and i don't get my nuts in an uproar if i don't get a reply, some people are just rude and think only of themselves....

if i miss a buy, so what, i still got my money in my pocket....ain't nothing worth pitching a bitch about in public....i never backed off a gun deal yet if i met op and held the gun in person...but then again, i buy only from longer term members....

still have not figured this term of sell out, i only buy so far...if i have ammo i can't use, i give it away.

i do like to see the caliber, or chambering listed, so i dont lose time googling to see the details...esp when the brand has 20 different pistols out

and if you are selling a gun without a picture, leave me out.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    i will not leave my ph# in a post, that is what pms are for....i hate texting, i keep that to a min... i miss sometimes that they want a text, i either pm, or call..

and i don't get my nuts in an uproar if i don't get a reply, some people are just rude and think only of themselves....
    People are rude and only think of themselves when they don't return a message.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Comments Should be closed to any dribble.
    Like Wow, cool gun, wish I had the money and other non sense.
    Pertinent questions related to item offered should still be accepted if not offered in original post. Sometimes specifics are left out. We are all human and excited to try and sell an item and meet a person who wants said item. Also post bumping should be on a 48 hour basis. 24 hour bumping can clutter the new posts.
    Thanks.

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Comments Should be closed to any dribble.
    Like Wow, cool gun, wish I had the money and other non sense.
    Pertinent questions related to item offered should still be accepted if not offered in original post. Sometimes specifics are left out. We are all human and excited to try and sell an item and meet a person who wants said item. Also post bumping should be on a 48 hour basis. 24 hour bumping can clutter the new posts.
    Thanks.

Please specifically define "dribble".

When banning speech, you must have clear rules or who knows what will get banned. Must make the censor's job easier!

"Sometimes specifics are left out. We are all human and excited to try and sell an item and meet a person who wants said item."

You set high standards for those posting replys, but seem to have low standards for seller's posts.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I got tons of stuff that needs selling. But in the future,I will be extremely reluctant to post buy,sell,or trade items on this forum. If I do,it will be with a ton of MY RULES.
    To me the simple fix was for a mod to simply delete a post that was not on topic or not SOMETHING GOOD about the sellers item. We got three mods + admin,right ??
    I really do not understand why all the fuss about this when people have been posting for sale items here,without price OR location,and the add has stayed up for days and days.
    Also people bumping their add almost everyday,and sometimes multiple times per day. All this seems to go unnoticed (sometimes).
    I have put up adds and had them bumped off the front page buy just 4 other adds. This is not right but seems to go on and on. How hard was it. You don't follow the rules in the buy,sell,or trade section,your add gets deleated. In my back posts I believe that I have stated this multiple times from quite a while in the past.
    I am simply a member here like the rest of you. But I have been here for quite some time. I could most likely tell you what works and what doesn't . . BUT . . that is not my job and I do not want it to be.
    Simple question - - -> what qualifications are required to be a mod,OR admin ?? ---- SAWMAN

Last edited:
    Top Bottom