• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Forum needs to be fun and fair. I enjoy a lot of the posts but don’t think people should flame items or prices. Comments are free bumps.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    jmho;

I never have commented on a seller and mine's deal, unless they asked me to post a review. I figured that is our business, the deal is either a-ok, good to go, or it didn't happen..

have I paid too much sometimes? maybe, but that is my business. nor have I commented in public on paying too little...

I enjoy meeting like minded people and enjoy the forum jousting in posts also, it makes it less boring than just all about guns 24-7

gained a lot of knowledge, and hope I imparted some to others.

the patriots I have met encourage me that not everyone is a sheep..and gives me a hope for the future of our country

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    GONE ARE THE DAYS THAT. - - -> I posted on a for sale,want to buy,or for trade add more info about the item(s). The times that I posted on the adds how great the item was. The days that I posted from direct expierance how I did or have,owned the item and my positive (ONLY) thoughts about the item. What a good/great deal the item is.
    I actually feel that I have helped some members sell,buy,or trade an item. In the least have helped the members make a informed decision related to the item.
    Never once have I had a bad word to say about the item. (AS OTHERS HAVE . . . including the mods)
    I also feel that I have never derailed a members BST thread. I will freely admit that I have commented on it AFTER it was already derailed. However,not one bad word about the item,and usually followed by . . "Good luck with the sale of your item sir." IOW - -> a bump for the OP . . even over my own adds.
    I feel that I have been helping our members far more (if any) than hurting them .
    Anyway . . . hopefully these changes are not coming about because the mods or admin feel that it's members are a huge pain in their ass and they should not have to put up with this and that. But unfortunately . . . I have seen posted from admin and all mods,multiple times,exactly this.
    If you signed up to be a cop,trainer,pole climber,military,etc,live with it ,try to make your life better,easier, etc,but why openly blame others for your plight ?? Get out while your young.
    I really like this forum. I have met,became friends with,hunted with,shot with,had breakfast and lunch with,some really fine people. Hope this forum stays alive and the 80-120 (or so) ACTIVE posters,takes all this in stride and keeps teaching,learning,and giving the other members a keyboard place to get away from this screwed up world that we live in. ---- SAWMAN (Bill)

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Hey it’s your site. Part of the cancel culture, go ahead. Every time someone posts anything, the OP gets a “free bump”. I’ve been here since the beginning, is it really a “problem”, can folks really not scroll through to the bottom of a posting to see it’s current status...?

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Comments Should be closed to any dribble.
    Like Wow, cool gun, wish I had the money and other non sense.
    Pertinent questions related to item offered should still be accepted if not offered in original post. Sometimes specifics are left out. We are all human and excited to try and sell an item and meet a person who wants said item. Also post bumping should be on a 48 hour basis. 24 hour bumping can clutter the new posts.
    Thanks.
    Who’s is going to decide if the question is “good”, it’s a freakin’ question.

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    The challenge is, we seem to have one or two, mainly one, blowhard that cannot resist on extolling their profound knowledge of everything firearms related in to everyone's thread, sure, we can all google this shit, they just seem to want to impress everyone who cares to listen to them, and the only way to do that is to infest threads that neither warrant or need their input, if this cuts their crap out, you have my vote :)

And he still has no clue that he talks too much... For all the knowledge he claims to share, I have yet to see one person specifically ask for his opinion... But you can bet he damn sure gonna give it.. Then makes a two page post about how he aint gonna post no mo... Blow Hard!!! #youarepartoftheproblem #shutuporgoaway

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Excellent idea.

However, the same end result would be obtained if you’d just ban the know it all Fudds with too much time on their hands. This would keep the threads clean and also force them to get a new hobby, or at least troll somewhere else.
    Really, in the long run, they’ll thank you for it.
    At the very least, the change keeps their bullshit overpriced ads that go on for years from becoming entertainment pieces rather than actual sale ads, which is what the section was always intended to be in the first place.

Last edited:

skippyt

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    This may be helpful:

I just learned earlier in this thread that there is an ignore button in our profile. Not sure how it works. If it prevents us from viewing posts from specific people that may be just the tool to help your situation. Life is too short to be irritated especially if there is a solution. Hope you find some relief :)

It is now on ignore, thanks for the advice, I forgot about this feature, had 2 trolls on ignore a few years ago, then they got banned anyway, so I completely forgot I could do this

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Excellent idea.

However, the same end result would be obtained if you’d just ban the know it all Fudds with too much time on their hands. This would keep the threads clean and also force them to get a new hobby, or at least troll somewhere else.
    Really, in the long run, they’ll thank you for it.
    At the very least, the change keeps their bullshit overpriced ads that go on for years from becoming entertainment pieces rather than actual sale ads, which is what the section was always intended to be in the first place.
    Well , I believe there is at least one young individual that knows everything there is to know, he says he does thats for sure. The thing that amazes me , is the young guys drawing a pay check from their employers and spending several hours a day on this and many other forums. The boss sure as hell isn’t getting the hours he’s paying for. And that’s a fact.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The "Classifieds Change" Ship has Sailed. It doesn't appear requests for reconsideration are gaining traction and favorable conideration where desired. Nothing wrong with venting frustration about the Change.

The solution to those with "personal issues" with other Member(s) Posts has already been identified: hit the button and be done with it. If your too concerned with what other Member(s) say and don't want to miss it, your'e too wrapped around the axle. Life's too short to impale yourself. Lol

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    To the mods,

Is there a fix/glitch still in-progress?
    The "For Sale" section is the only one affected for me. The "sort" default seems messed up; not in order. When I change it with the "Filters" button, it makes an option at the top-left corner that (on a desktop computer with a mouse) shows the option to "Return to the default order". Regardless of whether I left/right click that supposed drop-down, it simply resets the section to the messed-up order.
    And if I don't click it, and leave the section, when I return to the section, the order is messed up again.

I've searched my profile and preference settings and can't find it. How do I set the "default order" for listing threads as "Last message; descending"?

Every other section automatically sorts by last message descending, and if I tell it to do so anyway with the Filters button, that "return to the default order" button does Not show up. Only in the For Sale section.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

IMG_5830.JPG

IMG_5829.JPG

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't think there is anyone here I'd ignore. Some I wouldn't do business with. You guys have a vast knowledge, much more than I could know. I'm late to the game. Learning where I can. There isn't many places semi-locally to interact with with people from this area.

I don't have anyone on ignore either. I like to enjoy the full content of the forum. And add my comments where necessary.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ^^^^^^^^^ and swing the BAN HAMMER! I will note, Mods show good judgment, may give a knock it off warning but blatant stuff will be addressed. I'm speaking from the receiving end. Lol

Top Bottom