• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you get the same question 10 times then your ad needs to be rewritten because it doesn't have enough information. I'm a member of a few forum that fun the for sale section like this and it doesn't seem to be an issue on any of them.

Last edited:

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Exactly this.

It will motivate posters to put more details in their ads, and to close them when its sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am not sure the ad quality will rise. We will have new sellers, maybe not gun people, who will post poor ads. The ad quality rises through experience gained from reader feedback. Requests for information will be the same for a given add.

What is being done is hiding the ad feedback communication and making moderators job easier.

I can see in the future where OP will not respond to PM info requests. Instead, OPs will end up updating ad (if no buyer PMs) and including a line stating all PM requests for info now contained in revised ad.

Last edited:

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Hiding all communications in PMs kind of puts the buyer in the dark as to if he is first in line to buy. I kind of liked that when we posted so everyone could see.

Last edited:

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    There were a lot of contributing factors leading up to this decision, it certainly wasn't made in haste. The mods, whose primary job is not the forum, do our best to handle the influx of threads and keep everyone within the lanes of the rules. Some do slip thru and I tend to play catch up from time to time.
    I've been on this forum for quite some time as well and it's time for some changes.
    Out of the 7400+ members we're running now, everyone is not going to agree and that's cool.
    Y'all ladies carry on and enjoy this free forum.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    In the future,I will not argue with multiple responders to my adds. I will not care who comes first,second,or third. Who I SAY gets it,gets it. I will make my preferance as to: Have I delt with you before ?? Were you a good buyer ?? Did you readily communicate ?? Have you been a member of this forum very long ?? Have you been making meaningful posts ?? Are you a veteran ?? What is your location ?? Are you in "my book" ?? Can you follow directions ?? Do you have the "little boy" . . "hey doode" mentality.
    Dealing with you will be at my descretion. If I post "firm" and you ask me to come down $1.00 I will simply quit communicating with you. If I state "FTF" and you ask me to ship . . same. If I state "at my house in Cantonment" and you want me to drive 1 mile . . same. If I even get the hint that you are a Democrat and/or liberal - -> I will not do any type of buisness with you.
    These will be MY RULES. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Is it ok ??
    Have any questions other than your above ?? Any forum rules broken ?? --- SAWMAN

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    We can’t always have control over what happens in our lives. Life can’t always be fair and we can’t always get everything that we want. The most important thing we need to realize is that we’re always in complete control over the way we handle every situation that’s thrown our way. We must learn how to retrain our brains to start focusing on the things that we do have power over and find the courage to let go of a situation that didn’t work out like we wanted it to. When we aren’t satisfied with something we have two choices, we can either A. Determine whether it’s something that can be fixed or changed. or B. If the answer is yes, fix it. If the answer is no, let it go.

Change is intimidating because we don’t know what lies ahead of us. Standing on the edge, pushing forward makes it seem like a major drop-off between where we are right now and what direction we’re supposed to go next. Realize that change inspires change, and change is not always scary. Without it we would likely remain in the same place for our entire life and where’s the excitement in that? We’re constantly progressing and transforming every single day and it’s important that we learn to embody change with open arms rather than reprehend it. You may not have control over something in life, but you do have control over your reaction to it. If you lull over something that didn’t go as you planned it to then you might miss out on the possibility for things to finally go your way. Accept what you’re unable to change and be bold enough to make those changes when you’re able to so. Most importantly, be able to recognize the difference between the two.

Taking risks and blindly embarking into uncharted territory can be scary, but it inspires new beginnings and opportunities to grow. We learn lessons even from changes that did not lead you to where you wanted to be. Change allows us to move forward and help us heal our wounds. When you start focusing on new circumstances and new reasons to be happy you’ll stop paying attention to what no longer deserves a spot in your life. With that being said, you will experience loss along the way. You will find yourself leaving behind people, places, and things you once thought you could never live without. It’s a part of growing into the person you’re meant to be, and sometimes when people grow, they grow apart. Although the reason might not be clear at the time, it’s all going to make perfect sense to you someday. Each and every change reveals something new about yourself that you didn’t pay attention to before.

You will remove people from your life so that you can make room for new people. You will see how people will come and go but the memories and lessons they provide us with will always stay with us. You will need to let go of sanctuary in order to endure more opportunities. Growth transpires from struggle. You’ll be broke. You’ll be heartbroken. And to be honest, you’ll probably want to give up.

Remember that tough times don’t last forever and they’re meant to help you appreciate the good times that are just at your reach.
    Learn to embrace the changes that are thrown your way as just another part of life’s wild journey.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Please specifically define "dribble".

When banning speech, you must have clear rules or who knows what will get banned. Must make the censor's job easier!

"Sometimes specifics are left out. We are all human and excited to try and sell an item and meet a person who wants said item."

You set high standards for those posting replys, but seem to have low standards for seller's posts.

Dude,
    Reread what you are commenting on, and you will see what I define as dribble. I think sometimes on the for sale posts, reading and comprehension is a must. As with any other comment. So be on your way!

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    None that I’m aware of. At the end of the day, the seller has final say on who he sells to, and the buyer can choose who to spend their hard earned money with. Despite the seeming recent trends in the sales review section, the above stands. I can and will choose not to do business with some folks, usually based on the communication I have with them. The deal is not done until all terms have been agreed to by both parties, including what’s included in the price, the price itself, meeting location and time, etc. I, speaking of my own personal opinion, am tired of hearing the belly aching of members who didn’t get their way on a deal. Outside of illegal activity, shady people, and outright liars, I don’t think it warrants a negative post about it. I personally have recently had a purchaser poorly communicate, attempt to change the deal after agreeing to terms, and arrive late, but I didn’t go on here to trash their reputation over it. As a mature adult, I simply moved on with my life, and likely won’t do business with that individual again, even if he’s first to say “I’ll take it”. That is what I meant when I asked if your just now operating under those conditions. I do and have for years. Be a man of action instead of just talking about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Since you are a moderator, your opinion could affect all of us.

According to the OP, the banning of replys in the classifies was the result of: "After too much time spent modding frequent needless comments in classified ads". So "needless" comments triggered the ban. (Sound familiar: you do not need those comments or an AR-15?)

In my attempt to determine your direction I noticed a similar tone of annoyance in your statement, "am tired of hearing the belly aching of members who didn’t get their way on a deal." and "I didn’t go on here to trash their reputation over it."

So are you leaning toward banning buyer and seller reviews?

bigbirney

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I’ll take a different opinion here and say I like it! Probably because I’ve had too many for sale posts taken over and completely eff’d up by useless pontificators who use my sale post to start some never ending debate - even though they have no intention of buying the item being sold. Just bored know-it-all’s with nothing to do I guess. You want what I’m selling - pm me. Don’t want it - keep walking stop talking. I don’t have time or interest to post useless crap in others posts nor to deal with it in mine. Positive change I like it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    it is a natural reaction to a beautiful weapon, cared for and used, to compliment the seller, or to congraulate any potential buyer who may be on the edge.. one may know more about a certain gun, and the buyer is hungry for info, makes them feel better about parting with money

but what the hell, guess I will shut up less I want something

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dude,
    Reread what you are commenting on, and you will see what I define as dribble. I think sometimes on the for sale posts, reading and comprehension is a must. As with any other comment. So be on your way!

Happy to. You define dribble (did you mean drivel) from the single example:

"Like Wow, cool gun, wish I had the money and other non sense."

Apparently "other non sense" is an important part of dribble otherwise you would not have included it. What exactly is "other non sense"? Sharing your insight may prove helpful to the moderators who should ban dribble.

I find it interesting that folks want to shut down speech. Seems to run counter to some of the principles the nation was founded upon. Could be wrong.

How about: Just do not read it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom