• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dogamus rex

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had been hearing that it was taking months to get your carry permit renewed or just getting your first one because of covid virus. I called Dept of Agriculture and they told me it would be difficult because Police were not doing fingerprinting and their local office was closed. I could do online but it would still have to be fingerprinted somewhere, plus just a general backlog. Rather than taking a local class from a gun store which did not do fingerprinting or a legal photo I took the Gun Show class which provided all services and helped fill out form properly. I received my permit 6 weeks to the day. While I do not think the Gun Show class is for people who are not properly trained in gun handling and should receive proper training,that being said,it is a good way for the "Responsible gun Owner " to get his or her permit quickly.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When I got my first Fl Lic (2010), I went to the DoA Office in Ft Walton. I received it in my Mail box on the seventh day. Six Weeks is B.S.! Remember nikki-dicky ordered No New Applications/Lic due to the Bug. It was more deliberate denial because they were still doing OnLine Renewals and they check the same stuff! That got Fixed because the Law says "Shall Issue" and they did not have authority to shut down the new Lic process. Your photo goes on File and your Lic. Your Prints go on File, they are not run against Databases for crime matching. That leaves the background check NICS/FDLE(?). We can reasonably add a few days due to panic buying surge NICS slow down and possibly a staff shortage from the Bug.

Law requires processing in 90 days. DoA Website says approximate turnaround time is 50-55 days.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    We moved to VA then back to FL twice and got tired of the mail in method. One time my fingerprints were deemed "not readable" and I had to start over and lost money, so the last time we moved back to FL we made the appointment at the office in Ft Walton. They did everything there and we walked out with the permit in about 45 minutes. Last time we renewed, last year, we made an appointment and went to the DMV in Pace on Chumuckla HWY, it was super quick, less than half hour!

LtDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got mine in hand 2 weeks (veteran) mom did hers, got card in hand in about 2.5 weeks. So def not taking that long to come in.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

dogamus rex

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was happy with 6 weeks from last time taking a couple of months. I did let mine lapse, it was not a renewal, at least they didn't consider it a renewal.

Top Bottom