• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    well . I don’t know MFi 952 personally, but he seems to be of at least average intelligence. Nobody in their right mind would shoot a hole in their own ceiling and post pictures of it on this forum. o_O:)

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm not sure why all the animosity towards simple math... on a gun forum.

If a bullet plowed down through MY roof and MY ceiling, I'd sure as heck like to know what SOB did it. Or at least help the sheriff to piece it together.

Not a damn good thing comes of shooting a firearm over the horizon to parts unknown unless you are aiming at the enemy. Definitely not in the populated CONUS.

Most likely it was some idiot "celebrating" the 4th.
    That moron needs to be confronted with the reality that he could've hurt or killed someone.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm not sure why all the animosity towards simple math... on a gun forum.

If a bullet plowed down through MY roof and MY ceiling, I'd sure as heck like to know what SOB did it. Or at least help the sheriff to piece it together.

Not a damn good thing comes of shooting a firearm over the horizon to parts unknown unless you are aiming at the enemy. Definitely not in the populated CONUS.

Most likely it was some idiot "celebrating" the 4th.
    That moron needs to be confronted with the reality that he could've hurt or killed someone.

After figuring out the trajectory from stringing a line thru the hole in the ceiling and the hole in the roof...
    should be able to ballpark where you need to RETURN FIRE.

On a more serious note, you should probably check to see that all your neighbors are still alive and moving about...because a stray might have punctured someone & nobody will know about it until they don't answer the door.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Since it's believed to be an AK projectile, which I assume means it's a 7.62x39. I would just nose around and see which of my neighbors owns a rifle in that caliber (AK, SKS, etc). Start some idle chit chat about guns and see which MF ends up bragging about shooting some rounds off or someone else tells on them.

We all know how it works. People who do idiotic and stupid stuff can't keep their mouths shut, especially when it comes to their social media. Someone will take the bait, hook, line and sinker and tattle on themselves.

Sorry I'm an asshole, to me a round coming through my walls, ceiling or whatever amounts to assault in my book, doesn't matter what the intent was. Once it comes on my property that's my opinion.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Here...

I shot an AK into the air,

It fell to earth, I knew not where;

For, so swiftly it flew, the sight

Could not follow it in its flight.

I breathed a song into the air,

For who has sight so keen and strong,

That it can follow the flight of song?

Long, long afterward, in a sink

I found the round still unbroke;

And the song, from beginning to end,

I found again in the heart of a friend.

misterfredi952

Marksman
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Here...

I shot an AK into the air,

For, so swiftly it flew, the sight

Could not follow it in its flight.

I breathed a song into the air,

For who has sight so keen and strong,

That it can follow the flight of song?

Long, long afterward, in a sink

I found the round still unbroke;

And the song, from beginning to end,

I found again in the heart of a friend.

Entirely too much idle time rebel! Get back soon so we can get some range time! Great song!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Krazy1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry, this bullet was not fired straight up and fell straight down to come through you roof! It had to be fired at about 45 - 65 degrees to come through your roof and through the sheet rock!

A bullet of about 30 caliber heading pointy end first will hit terminal velocity of about 300 FPS. Not enough to go through plywood and then through your ceiling also. Just a physics problem that can't be over come. Not saying that the person that fired the shot didn't in fact fire it at a slanted profile to cause harm.
    Being a roofer for the last 31 years I have to agree with this. We usually find them still stuck in the roof or plywood. I've to date never seen one clear the plywood roof deck. Mind you, i'm use to seeing small calibers 380, 9mm. 40, fired from near the hood. The only one I remember coming all the way through was on that Block USA building on Palafox across from the city garage. Their roof covering was only one 24 gauge layer of sheet metal. I found the bullet laying by the base board in their showroom. They freaked out. They had know idea what goes up must come down.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When I built my house, general structural strength and aso protection from spent rounds returning to earth was a consideration. The outer doors are metal fire doors. Likely would stop most spent bullets, but not all. The walls being poured concrete block would stop direct hits from most common rounds short of a 50. For the roofing I used 5/8 plywood that is stronger than the typical osb 1/2. The windows are a little higher that gives protection to most of the body when sitting from a round striking the windows that enters the house.

9mm

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Looks like a 147gr .308 projectile to me, got a scale or calipers?

Sandspur6

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Or a 30M2 Ball round. Just out of curiosity, did you weigh the bullet? Everyone is assuming AK, and it may well be, but 7.62x39 ain't the only FMJ 30 in town. Just curious. Thanks.

Plinker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Slightly off subject:
    A few years ago before I retired,
    while servicing the rooftop air conditioners on the 34 story Trustmark Building in Mobile, I picked up a .40 caliber fmj off the membrane roof on north side of building outside of elevator equipment penthouse.

There it was,,,in pristine shape complete with rifling.

Suprised, but probably shouldn’t have been.

Top Bottom