• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    And this is what i found when i woke up on july 5th in my kitchen. (Excuse the mess)
    c7debd450d919a8ac6662eddecc0ab34.jpg
    78acd7f08e87d538c21b6cb9166a716c.jpg
    49060027327b3ab2c64c8451be6d1ba1.jpg

1 LEG GANG
    Unfortunately, the same guy that shot that into the air will probably do it again in the same way and in the same direction on next July 4th so if I were you I'd be going on vacation for the 4th from here on out

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Check your roof for a hole. It might be prudent to repair. Likely the AK was fired at an inclined angle. Key holes after passing through the roof and insulation. i would report it to the police.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Check your roof for a hole. It might be prudent to repair. Likely the AK was fired at an inclined angle. Key holes after passing through the roof and insulation. i would report it to the police.

^---- This. Probably came down towards the Earth at terminal velocity and was slowed down by your roof first, then your attic stuff, and then plowed sideways through your ceiling. DEFINITELY file a report. Matching up the holes in the roof and the ceiling etc, plus a little math, it would narrow down significantly the area of origin. Add your info to someone else's, and maybe the LEO get intersecting vectors of probable fire. Would narrow it down even further. Especially if the rifling matches another case.

I doubt the inbred SOB who did "celebratory fire" on US soil would get the exact same angle again next year.
    Hopefully that gene-pool pollutant earns a terminal Darwin Award before New Year's.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ^---- This. Probably came down towards the Earth at terminal velocity and was slowed down by your roof first, then your attic stuff, and then plowed sideways through your ceiling. DEFINITELY file a report. Matching up the holes in the roof and the ceiling etc, plus a little math, it would narrow down significantly the area of origin. Add your info to someone else's, and maybe the LEO get intersecting vectors of probable fire. Would narrow it down even further. Especially if the rifling matches another case.

I doubt the inbred SOB who did "celebratory fire" on US soil would get the exact same angle again next year.
    Hopefully that gene-pool pollutant earns a terminal Darwin Award before New Year's.
    It is possible the local LEOs might have a very good idea of where it was fired from. It might provide the local LEOs with more information to deal with the faecal microencephalo that fired that shot.

Krazy1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm a roofing contractor and I guarantee your roof has been breached. This is common but usually in bad areas. After a holiday, it can be found everywhere.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

He's on it. They are not going to go all "CSI MIAMI " for a hole in your roof. Now if there was a death, maybe.

Attachments

• 095bb7d1d45cb9fc65a8ad96902da177--funniest-pictures-funny-pics.jpg
      095bb7d1d45cb9fc65a8ad96902da177--funniest-pictures-funny-pics.jpg
      77.6 KB · Views: 638

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Probably not the only round he popped off. How many other people have holes in their roof or in their cars, boats, etc. Build a nice file.

Last edited:

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    That's some force to make a mess of the drywall like that. I'd have never imagined it would do that.
    Small and fast, I think of poking a hole like a screwdriver, but if it tumbled.......

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    He's on it. They are not going to go all "CSI MIAMI " for a hole in your roof. Now if there was a death, maybe.

It's simply measuring the angle and compass heading between the hole in the roof and the hole in the ceiling. Not rocket surgery. Definitely not the idiocy from CSI Miami.

Take that bearing and look at Google maps. Draw a line. Account for the math that Frommer already found, and make that line two miles long.

Any houses or neighborhoods along that line?
    Any gunfire incidents along that line?

If there is another hole-in-roof location, do the same thing. See if/where those two lines intersect.

Wanna make a case, get a ballistics comparison of the bullets from the lab. In the real world that would take, what... months?

The anglular math plus known police reports is much faster.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you have an idea of the direction of where it came from, then post some signs saying, we are looking for information on the location of the shooter that fired 7.62x39 bullets in my house and those of other people. The presence of signs will likely get back to the idiots that did the shooting to at least let them know that they are shooting up houses. Might get them to stop. Somebody might even inform of where it came from.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Are you "bullet hole guru's" saying that a falling bullet will penetrate a roof and overhead ceiling ??
    Even at terminal velocity a 123gr bullet has how much momentum ?? The actual penetration is what . . with the bullet going sideways ??
    On a plumb line . . the hole in the roof was how far from the hole in the overhead ?? Streight above it . . 4 feet . . 12 feet ???
    If a bullet is shot into the air,does eyerybody think that it will fall point first ??
    It took 12 FBI agents to investigate the "noose" in the NASCAR garage. Somebody call and see if they will investigate this "whodunnit".
    If not . . . they are clearly bigoted discriminatory racists. Maybe get BATFE involved and see if the gun that the bullet came from was part of that FAST AND FURIOUS "thing". --- SAWMAN

Top Bottom