• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Had a guy bring in a Re. 700 Mag , said it had a ejection problem. Frist thing I removed the bolt, Looked at the bolt. He told me he had someone look at it and work on it. They grind on the bolt face where the ext. was held in . being an older bolt it had a rev. holding the ext.in and it needed replacing . A 50 dollar job is now a 300.plus job new bolt .does cover checking HS I don't a 300 wm head sp .gauge Just my 5 cents.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I bubbaed up one recently...drove 3 hours one way to see what his reloading issues were. The bolt wouldn't close on his rounds and he was new to reloading. I tried to chamber a case and couldn't. I checked the case and it was fine. I pulled the bolt and looked at it. There was .005+ of brass caked onto the bolt face and the ejector would only go about 1/2 way in.

The bubba part was using the decapping rod out of his decapping die (didn't have those tools with me) to remove the pin that holds the ejector in. I cleaned out that particles from inside the ejector and retouched the hole going in. Got that running....told him to find someone that could clean a rifle.

I have seen a few buggered up the rivet jobs too...glad they changed to snap in. I keep a couple of those in my cleaning box.

AK4774

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wonder how much alcohol was consumed in that custom double see-thru feat of engineering excellence? They used to make $10 mounts that replace that side plate. At least they kept ser# readable.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yeah, I know I'm a gun snob but the things 'bubba' will do to a firearm still shock me sometimes....

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I have a backlist of people booked through the weekend. $15 and a 12 back of beer. You want on the list. Double beer moves you to the front of the line.
    1789F2F7-92F6-4E20-BCBE-6595E46AF22C.jpeg

Success! Look how straight those flutes are.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm not opposed to Bubba adding a little foam under my butt stock pouch to add consistency to my cheek weld. But firearms usage like firearms maintenance is probably best in an alcohol free environment. Although alcohol related bribes are the currency of the realm Militarily, but it's the quality and rarity of the bribe that sets the position in the que in my experience. LOL

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm not opposed to Bubba adding a little foam under my butt stock pouch to add consistency to my cheek weld. But firearms usage like firearms maintenance is probably best in an alcohol free environment. Although alcohol related bribes are the currency of the realm Militarily, but it's the quality and rarity of the bribe that sets the position in the que in my experience. LOL
    Shirley you can quit calling me "Bubba" : )

Top Bottom