Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

Boiled peanuts

Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

MarkS

Reaction score
sat down at a diner in mich once, saw grits on the menu, ordered them, the waitress said it was the first day they had them, and she wanted to know what a grit was...

canceled the order, went with the home fries instead..
Was in Bartlesville Oklahoma walked in the restaurant saw grits on the menu and ordered them. When I saw the waitress digging under the counter at the cash register and blowing dust off the instant grits package she had dug out I hollered no make it hashbrowns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wildrider666

Reaction score
properly cooked cheese grits do not need anything added to them to eat, cept maybe a few pcs of fried crackers or bream. and some hushpuppies.
sugar? i would have hit him upside the head with ballcap that had a confederate flag on it...
Ah, "Cheese" Grits, like tomato gravy is putting a paper bag over her head, y'all already disguised them. Do what you gotta do to get through them. Lol

SAWMAN

GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
Boiled peanut wagon. On the corner of 29 and Atmore Hwy (97). Across from Tom Thumb.
Choice of Cajun or salty. Cajun is HOT !! --- SAWMAN

FLT

Reaction score
Well, folks from the upper USA eat scrapple! Corn is the sole ingredient in grits , scrapple is made from what ever scrapes they find In the slaughter house. Yuck!

stage20

Reaction score
I've tried them. Boiled peanuts are like eating a slimy lima bean after removing the exoskeleton. "Grits" is an attractive name for a bland corn porridge. It the food equivalent of an plain ugly woman that nobody's interested in unless it disguised with thick makeup, attractive dress and accessories so its almost palatable. This is the exact reason there are so many ways to "serve" grits after they're boiled. I promise that I will not consume any of the above comfort foods, thereby leaving more for your alterations and enjoyment.

I could talk about mud bugs and gator balls too but I fear I may end up with a bounty on my head. Lol
The only time I've disagreed with you.

stage20

Reaction score
Boiled peanut wagon. On the corner of 29 and Atmore Hwy (97). Across from Tom Thumb.
Choice of Cajun or salty. Cajun is HOT !! --- SAWMAN
His are not jumbo. It's been a while. I'll say they didn't used to be. He's got the little dark red skinned ones. not saying they aren't good! I'll eat a gallon bag!

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
virginia and new mexico is where they used to come from..he said ga peanuts are too oily

last time I had them, they were underdone a bit, new owner, jim sold it to them

MarkS

Reaction score
Picked up 5 lb.s of regular boiled & 2 lb.s of Cajun boiled peanuts from Holland Farms south ofJay yesterday
The only thing Cajun my wife likes is boiled peanuts in Cajun spices she just doesn’t know how many great foods she is missing

wildrider666

Reaction score
Well, folks from the upper USA eat scrapple! Corn is the sole ingredient in grits , scrapple is made from what ever scrapes they find In the slaughter house. Yuck!
Pork Stock, Pork, Pork Skin, Corn Meal, Wheat Flower, Pork Livers, Pork Hearts, Pork Tounges, Salt and Spices. If you have processed meat products with "variety meats” or “with meat byproducts.” listed in ingredients: your eating "organs" too. Lol. I'll eat it at a friend's house, its okay but not something I'd order.

A much better northern breakfast meat is sealed in a cotton sack! Up north a deli will slice the thickness to your preference or chunk-estimate a pound or two. Smaller cotton sack of goodness 1 to 3 pounds are available "up there". A real geographical restricted food. A few Fl Publics stores carry it in an 8 slice pkg/box @ $4 +-. Be brave Southern Gentelman and try it, after all: its PORK!

6lbs-Taylor.jpg

MarkS

Reaction score
I would rather have Conecuh sausage

850guns

Reaction score
Back in April, my wife and I were on a tour bus in Charleston, SC, and the guide was talking about boiled peanuts and where to buy them locally. The guide said one time when he was giving this presentation, a man with a northern accent shouted, "I didn't realize peanuts had hair." The guide said he did not understand. The man replied "You keep talking about bald peanuts."
Lol. My Nephew's son says he likes bald shrimp the best!

Toggle Sidebar
Top Bottom