• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm going to print out one of these for each of my firearms and keep them in my safe.

You know, because I'm going to sell all of mine today to a guy named John Smith for $50 each. Maybe you guys know him? Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outside9

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you are going to use this form then you are placing note restrictions on guns. Let's just all ask for the law to be change so all dales go through a dealer and you will really be protected from any liability?

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think everyone that is against it was really over seeing the point. This doesn't violate any of your gun rights etc. I originally posted it because I was trying to find a bill of sale and thought "Hey I am sure I am not the only one to use these. Let me spread this to people that can or would like to use them" No I am not for going through a dealer to sell my firearm neither am I okay with having to run background checks on private sale. Which is why in the bill of sale it has all these disclosures. Some people like to keep record of what they sell. Some people like to be to a little safer in this corrupted world. Some people also sell firearms off of Gulfcoastgunforum like me. Me not knowing who this person is this bill of sale could protect me in the future. Yes I go off my instinct and ask general questions about firearms and shoot the breeze with them before doing the transaction but there is only so much you can do. And with seeing fraud and working around it everyday. I will prefer to keep myself a little more safe.

Last edited:

outside9

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Let me ask this, keep in mind we are just having a good ole debate on the subject.

**What if tomorrow on the news they reported the BATF (U.S. Gov.) was going to start requiring a BOS for private sales and if they came by your home you had to provide them?

Maybe even go further and require you to keep them on file for a certain number of years.

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Let me ask this, keep in mind we are just having a good ole debate on the subject.

**What if tomorrow on the news they reported the BATF (U.S. Gov.) was going to start requiring a BOS for private sales and if they came by your home you had to provide them?

Maybe even go further and require you to keep them on file for a certain number of years.

I know we are having a friendly debate. But at the moment still being employed by the federal government and some of the stuff service members have said online and the repercussions of what they have said. I will just say no comment to that. I have a few choice words about the government. But now we are comparing apples to oranges here. About me posting it to protect the buyer and seller to now having the ATF require it. So let me ask this would you make a BOS for a car? If so what is the difference between that and a firearm. Noting that this doesn't infringe on the 2nd amendment nor any other right.

outside9

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm required to make a BOS in most cases so a person can get the car registered in their name and get a plate. I would not do a BOS if I was selling a push lawnmower or some other object that the law did not require.

Brandon_SPC

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm required to make a BOS in most cases so a person can get the car registered in their name and get a plate. I would not do a BOS if I was selling a push lawnmower or some other object that the law did not require.

BOS isnt required for a car if you include the price of the car and date on the title. Last vehicle I bought through a family member they didn't write a BOS and didn't need it to get it registered. Usually with something of "value" I write a BOS for. My lawn mower isnt something of real value. So back to my question knowing that you don't have to have a BOS for a vehicle would you still write one if you sold your vehicle?

Docar15

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Giving out your PII (Personally Identifiable Information, such as DL or SSN) is asking for trouble.
    It is already way too easy to get as it is.
    Is there an actual law that states that current address from the DL and signature matching the one on the DL is not enough?

Docar15

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    IMHO, somebody who likes to collect such information for whatever personal reasons is just asking to be questioned in a case of an identity theft.

Docar15

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Captmoa, what browser are you using? Earlier versions of Safari (pre Maverick Mac machines) gave me a hard time too.
    If you are on IE, make sure it is something current, version 11 or greater.
    Post if you still have a problem.
    Good luck.

budbreak96

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It isn't the ATF I am worried about. In general you usually sell to someone you don't know..... You don't know if they are clean etc unless you run a $20-$30 background check online. You can take their word for it but a lot of people lie these days. Like the other part of the forum on here where everyone post about watch out for this person etc. This is just something that forever reason if someone lied and did something bad and someone comes knocking on your door. Hey I sold this I have no knowing of it. Our justice system is extremely crooked to. You, having some document helps out more than just saying this, that and the other.

Anyways take it for what it is worth. Just looking out for y'all.

You got one part right, our Justice System is extremely back assward's and as crooked as can be. As Far as This is just something that forever reason if someone lied and did something bad and someone comes knocking on your door. Hey I sold this I have no knowing of it. I am not a lawyer by no means but if it did come down to something like that, That little scratch paper isn't going to help anything. You think these "People" that come knocking on your door are going to believe you and just take that paper and leave? Hell no, who's to say you didn't make that before or after you sold whatever and just fill it out yourself? If so anytime anyone sells anything and wants a paper like this I have a stamp I will come meet you to put a stamp on it for $15.

Last edited:

budbreak96

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When you sell or buy a vehicle the BOS is the title. I would think at least 95% of people know that. If you are buying a car without a title something is wrong, you just got took period, BOS or not. Every time I have bought a truck I would pay the extra money and go to the title office that day and get My title. When you buy a used vehicle and someone owes the bank money you meet them at the bank so when you give the bank the check they pay off the remaining balance and then give the person the rest of the money and give you the proper paperwork to go to the tax office to get the title that day if you want it, if you want to wait for it (like 15 days) you get it in the mail. Hell if I could sell a car with a BOS I have a Nice Clean Chevy Truck loaded to the max I will sell you. Every trailer I have ever had registered they wanted the length and I think what was I using it for, it has been a while. In Alabama a regular single axel trailer if you are using for a 4-wheeler, side by side, ect... last I knew you did not need a plate for it, registered, nothing.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom