• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pistolpedro

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    In my opinion he is a scammer. He answered my WTB ad for a Butler Creek folding stock for a mini 14. I asked for him to send a pic. He did and it was blued. Said I was really looking for stainless. He said he had that also. Send me a pic, he did. The second pic was not the same backdrop as the first one, (red flag) we made a deal for both. Told him I would send a money order to the name and address on his DL and send me a pic of his DL which he did... He said he didn't like getting money through the mail, (another red flag) He wanted me to send the money to his brother's Zelle account, (another red flag) He sent me his brother's info and they didn't have the same last name, (another red flag). Both names are a Jr. He told me that Jr. was their last name, (another red flag). I arranged with a gun shop in his area to accept the stocks, call me for a credit card number and they would pay him and ship the stocks to me. He didn't want to do that, (another red flag). He said if I would send him half the money by cashapp or Zelle he would ship them and I could pay the other half when I receive them. Does any of this sound legit. He lives in Gainesville, VA. His brother's Zelle account is:
    m347ishippy579@gmail.com Mavis Shippy Jr. just in caseyou want to send him money. My last conversation I told him I was going to report fraud on the Gun Form. He said he would report me also.

Smith_586

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Definitely a scams. A lot of those have been happening lately through the wtb section. I had a couple try that with me before and I ask where they live. Louisiana or some random state. So stay clear of that. In my opinion.

AK4774

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why bother going back and forth with someone like that knowing most likely that they’re trying to pull something?
    Just buy a factory type folder straight from Ruger.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Don't forget to actually send us a report/message!
    Guess who gets kicked? the member we know or the rando who's IP address is pinging in 14 different countries?
    It boggles my mind how they can do stuff like that. That being said, I still can't figure out how they can record your voice into a piece of vinyl and make it come out sounding like you, with a small nail??

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    most of these scammers can be found out by a simple search on here for them. dummy accounts don't show up if you use the search feature on the site here.

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    As previously stated, here's my housekeeping note...
    Don't put your personal number or email in open forum, this is where "send me a PM/conversation" works best
    See? My deal is, I'm not going to meet someone I haven't talked to on the phone anyway, so, why beat around the bush? And I've done hundreds of face-to-face deals on Craigslist that way, which is a dangerous cesspool : )

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Top Bottom