Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

Best place to get bare uppers?

Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

G-rat

GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
i have gotten a couple from Brownells. very nice. Anchor Harvey forge marks. last one i got had very nice finish, forward assist, dust cover, $39.

5lima30ret

Reaction score
Regular or slick sided. Can be poly or aluminum. Thanks.
Check out Tactical Machining website. They are a great company one of the founding owners is a retired police officer that I worked with for many years. Their quality is top notch and they supply AR & 1911 receivers to Brownells and couple other major retailers who put their markings on them. They build some top-notch suppressors as well! Good luck!

Rebel_Rider1969

Reaction score

Little Jack's Guns

Local Dealer
Local Dealer
Reaction score
Been looking around for some "sport" uppers. No fa/DC seems like they cost more, makes no sense
Economy of scale. Also depends on how they're manufactured. It takes more time to remove more material even though it seems like you're getting less.

rviray

Reaction score

kidsoncoffee

GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
Check out Tactical Machining website. They are a great company one of the founding owners is a retired police officer that I worked with for many years. Their quality is top notch and they supply AR & 1911 receivers to Brownells and couple other major retailers who put their markings on them. They build some top-notch suppressors as well! Good luck!
That's some pretty damn good pricing on the 80% lowers and jig. I think I know what I'll be asking the wife to get me for christmas.

Ric-san

Reaction score
Not a bad price....I ordered the AR Stoner version of a slick sided upper from MidwayUSA for $49 with f/s around BF2019 timeframe. Working on a “lite AR” build myself. Once I have all of the parts, I’ll post something here on GCGF. The upper weighs in at 6.8 oz.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1016959830?pid=547039

Last edited:

Raven

Reaction score
Lmao, couldn't help it! Sorry guys, I know, I know

Toggle Sidebar