Patriot Mobile

besoin d'aide pour se préparer Ratatouille.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bechamel Sauce, (Old age omits heavy cream with whole milk) over the vegetables or floating on the crushed tomatoes?
    How do you make the Red Bell Peppers match the poker chip size of the zucchini, yellow squash, ichiban eggplant, and potatoes?
    Skin the potatoes & leave the other veggies alone? Or skin them all and let God sort them out?

This is that Disney Influenced Ratatouille for the Little Folks.

Stolen recipe: https://www.chefdehome.com/recipes/561/ratatouille

Honestly expecting assistance, don't believe that others would leave a Brother in Arms Hanging. But things are what things are. Don't believe Folks here could disappoint:

Attachments

• Midnight with Michelle.jpg
      Midnight with Michelle.jpg
      41.2 KB · Views: 56
    Last edited:

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    RR and M60 are the folks to try it and comment. I'm a country assed redneck, I've never even seen something that looks like this. I will try it though.
    This is supposed to be a French Peasant Dish!
    It's a one pot Creole-Cajun dish that folks without money can savor. It's only vegetables without meat. Meatless meals ain't supposed to cost much. JMHO.
    Don't mean they can't taste good. Once again JMHO.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is supposed to be a French Peasant Dish!
    It's a one pot Creole-Cajun dish that folks without money can savor. It's only vegetables without meat. Meatless meals ain't supposed to cost much. JMHO.
    Don't mean they can't taste good. Once again JMHO.
    Hell, I'll look for it. I'm smack dab in the middle of Cajun Country right now. New Iberia LA. Probably come closer to finding a dish like this up around Lafayette.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    My Grandmother was from Rayne and lived in Crowley and she never made anything like dat

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My Grandmother was from Rayne and lived in Crowley and she never made anything like dat

Is there a double like, Thank You?

But did she ever have the pressure of matching a Disney Meal toe to toe?????

Expectations vice reality, what are we supposed to gift the next generation?

Grand-père verses Mickey Mouse, I need all the help I can get folks.

Last edited:

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

God's country! A lot of my working career has been spent in SE Louisiana. Made some great friends and eaten some really good chow. One has to be damn near multi-lingual to really find their way around.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    But did she ever have the pressure of matching a Disney Meal toe to toe?????
    pfft...she didn't give two shakes about Disney Quality

God's country! A lot of my working career has been spent in SE Louisiana. Made some great friends and eaten some really good chow. One has to be damn near multi-lingual to really find their way around.

My mom graduated from Southwestern and finished up Nursing at Touro. Two of my favorite places to eat as a kid was Don's Seafood in Lafayette and Pat's on the levee in Henderson

Last edited:

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "Two of my favorite places to eat as a kid was Don's Seafood in Lafayette and Pat's on the levee in Henderson" Dammit boy, I feel like we're brothers! Both places still there and have been to both. Don't forget Mulates in Breaux Bridge and Prejeans in Lafayette. I'm headed to Henderson next to do some levee repairs right close to Pats. Will post a pic to refresh your memory.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I can't tell you how many of those big serving trays of crawfish have eaten at Pat's. I think my all time favorite dish is Crawfish Bisque at either place. I even have a cook book from Don's from the late '50s of meals they served in the restaurant.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    pfft...she didn't give two shakes about Disney Quality

My mom graduated from Southwestern and finished up Nursing at Touro. Two of my favorite places to eat as a kid was Don's Seafood in Lafayette and Pat's on the levee in Henderson

Both are good!

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, tonight's the night. Expect to need plenty of prep time to make those poker chip like veggies. Probably won't make a hill of beans as to the taste, but perhaps it will inspire the little ones?

Duckyou

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Well, tonight's the night. Expect to need plenty of prep time to make those poker chip like veggies. Probably won't make a hill of beans as to the taste, but perhaps it will inspire the little ones?

Use a mandolin (or a banjo)

Wait - not the musical instrument but the kitchen utensil.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Use a mandolin (or a banjo)

Wait - not the musical instrument but the kitchen utensil.

Sounds like the best advice yet. The wholes on the cheese grater didn't cut it, so I spent some time with the ulu. The minute I started spiraling all the veggies I realized that the little rat (Remy) in the Disney Movie had kitchen skills that I don't. Snapped a photo of the prep, and I'll include a small plate photo when things are done. A little Pinot Noir while cooking, and a Shiraz with the main course.

The temptation to add some slices of andouille sausage or stuff the red bell peppers with 1/2 ground beef & 1/2 ground pork mixed with rice and place them in the tomato sauce, was squelched by Grandma. Stick to the original borrowed recipe was her orders. I'm more the kind of guy that has a salad with dinner, not for dinner. But I'll report on how the written recipe goes. More to come..........

Duckyou

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sounds like the best advice yet. The wholes on the cheese grater didn't cut it, so I spent some time with the ulu. The minute I started spiraling all the veggies I realized that the little rat (Remy) in the Disney Movie had kitchen skills that I don't. Snapped a photo of the prep, and I'll include a small plate photo when things are done. A little Pinot Noir while cooking, and a Shiraz with the main course.

The temptation to add some slices of andouille sausage or stuff the red bell peppers with 1/2 ground beef & 1/2 ground pork mixed with rice and place them in the tomato sauce, was squelched by Grandma. Stick to the original borrowed recipe was her orders. I'm more the kind of guy that has a salad with dinner, not for dinner. But I'll report on how the written recipe goes. More to come..........

Stuffed peppers I need to make some of those - I use deer sausage seasoning from a little meat market in Plaquemine, LA.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Excellent side dish.

Attachments

• IMG_20210407_130945.jpg
      IMG_20210407_130945.jpg
      983.2 KB · Views: 67
    • IMG_20210407_195318.jpg
      IMG_20210407_195318.jpg
      768.4 KB · Views: 65