• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flow

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The dems are pushing him to push the limits of executive orders if they don't get the Senate. Thank goodness for ACB.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Interesting since the ATF isn’t a lawmaking agency and neither is the office of the president.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sounds like they are going to try it......obama style, say you can't legally , then do it anyway..

Rebuilt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Interesting since the ATF isn’t a lawmaking agency and neither is the office of the president.

Yeah but he can use the office of the president To apply pressure to lower houses to pass laws, or he can do just like Trump did with bumpstocks and take “executive action”

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I looked and still can't fine an EO about bumpstocks? So the ATF just makes law by those letters the type?

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    My opinion:

ATF makes rulings or determinations that have the effect of law until overturned in court or by a law actually passed. Or in the recent case of a person charged with having a bump stock that ATF had ruled was a machine gun, along with other charges. ATF dropped the bump stock charge as they couldn’t prove in court a bump stock is a machine gun and were afraid the court would rule it wasn’t a machine gun and mess up ATF and it’s ruling.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Sounds like something to send to the supreme court.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Whuts a pistol brace?

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Seems neither was Trump/DOJ and BFDs were reclassified as Machineguns, since no new Post 86 machineguns can be sold, they became unregisterable: with mandated destruction or turn in.

skyydiver

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Does every firearms manufacture send in an "Example" of every firearm it intends to produce? Do they send in an Example when they change the Stock design, length of pull or barrel length? I believe they just use the Regulations of whats "Not Allowed" and avoid falling within those restrictions unless the produce is intended to be a NFA Item.

The ATF/DOJ is trying to apply the "This technical evaluation applies only to the Recipient" (individual application). That assertion fails the logic test because BATFE published a standard on how to measure A.O.L. with "Braces (generic)". They did not specify measuring only the two types mentioned in their Documents where they are now trying to be restrictive and only two braces hav been evaulated/approved. BATFE has also issued numerous "Brace Rulings/Opinions" where, once again; they were generic to "ALL BRACES" and not specific to the "approved two only". Lastly, SBs have been produced since 2013 and the types and varaitions have increased dramatically. The Shockwave Technologies pistol brace 2.0 was ATF approved in Oct 2017! The ATF took no action against the proliferation of Pistol Braces, continued to approve them and was not ignorant of the wider variety/applications of the Braces and them being sold as a integral/installed part from manufactures and ass accessories. It seems BATFE is claiming ignorance of these developments though their mandate is oversight and regulatory "within existing Laws".

I never had a BFS and don't have a Brace either but I do support the 2A and other people's Rights to choose products they desire and despise BATFE/DOJ changing the water depth while people are midstream.

Top Bottom