• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I saw that they make a .22 WMR as well. I have been thinking on that one for a bit now. I would like to see a few more reviews on them before pulling the trigger.
    I would think as good as the .22LR's work the .22mag would work even better? But now I wonder why no one made one yet?

FowlHunter13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Lots of people have made attempts at .22 WMR semi autos but either don’t sell like expected or they have operation issues of some kind. I own a Ruger 10/22 and a Remington 597 in .22 WMR and have been happy with both of them. Magnum Research I believe bought out the patent from Ruger, and Remington doesn’t make the WMR model anymore. Savage made a .17 HMR and .22 WMR semi auto but both of them have had numerous recalls.

Last edited:

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Keeping them clean seems to reduce the problems. I have two of the Rugers, one I bought new and the other I got used . I haven’t had a problem with either as of yet.

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    17 HMR is a wicked cool little round, but it's also pricy and can be hard to find. So I can understand why it may not sell great. Same kinda goes for 22 WMR in a self loader. It's almost like... there's not a ton of reasons to go for it since 22 WMR is currently around the same or higher price than 223/556. I wish them success regardless, it's cool stuff for sure. Just not for me.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    17 HMR is a wicked cool little round, but it's also pricy and can be hard to find. So I can understand why it may not sell great. Same kinda goes for 22 WMR in a self loader. It's almost like... there's not a ton of reasons to go for it since 22 WMR is currently around the same or higher price than 223/556. I wish them success regardless, it's cool stuff for sure. Just not for me.
    You make any headway on that mandalorian cz project??

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    From what I understand most makers avoid 17 and 22 mag semi autos for safety reasons, and function. I've seen it explained and I'm no gunsmith but basically they're too long and skinny. They're skinny to the point where they lack the power needed to unlock a locking system. Then they're too long for a blowback system to be able to cycle it out before all its power has bled off properly. So you see alot of blow out casing walls, and or failure to cycle. So that's why you don't see many makers fooling with those rounds in semi auto is what I hear. 57 may be the best alternative if you want a reliable semi auto with that size, but more power and reliability.

Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    To bad y’all didn’t pay closer attention to my post for my Volquartsen Fusion. It was both 17hmr and 22magnum. Never a problem with one of these babies I learned a long time ago that when you buy cheap you get cheap.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Every mans P90 I reckon! It has me intrigued to say the least... but if Rebel_Rider1969 wants it, its fairly suspicious!

Top Bottom