Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

Barrel dimpling jig

Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

kidsoncoffee

GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone using one of those barrel dimpling jigs? I'm just looking for recommendations on one. There's several available on the market and I don't want to spend the money on a shitty one if I can avoid it. This is specifically for making a dimple on the barrel for a low profile gas block set screw.

JWlineman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I purchased the SLR 750 jig a couple weeks ago and have used it on 3 barrels so far. Easy enough to use, solid construction and handles the abuse from a vise and drill bit as it should. I recommend it. You need to know the set screw spacing on your gas block. I called Troy to ask about theirs in a low pro and was told that's "proprietary" and can't say. Haha

Rebel_Rider1969

Reaction score
I purchased the SLR 750 jig a couple weeks ago and have used it on 3 barrels so far. Easy enough to use, solid construction and handles the abuse from a vise and drill bit as it should. I recommend it. You need to know the set screw spacing on your gas block. I called Troy to ask about theirs in a low pro and was told that's "proprietary" and can't say. Haha
That's right you were looking for one awhile back. Saw one at the last freedom show, had it in my hands then put it back, big mistake. Also when a company rep usually says proprietary- means they dont know.

JWlineman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah it was kinda disappointing but whatever, I can measure center to center and guesstimate. Ha

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

FrommerStop

Reaction score
Yeah it was kinda disappointing but whatever, I can measure center to center and guesstimate. Ha

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Good thing to be aware of. next time I buy a gas block I will ask for the dimensions first.

kidsoncoffee

GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
I think I'm going to go with the slr 750. You're the 2nd person that has recommended it. I like that it's not just for one set of spacing. It will work for several different gas blocks. and for $32 that's worth it to me. Thanks for all the input everyone.

Toggle Sidebar

Latest posts

Members online