• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Random thought:

With two bankruptcies in as many years and potential sale of company, is it a good time to buy a new Remington?

I wonder about quality control and customer service now.

If sold, I wonder how long it will take the new owner's to learn how to make quality firearms? Hopefully, the new owners will be better at manufacturing and quality control than Freedom Group ( e.g. R51 handgun, 597 magazines, Marlin lever action problems).

How will they support existing Remington products and warranty claims?

I have more Remingtons than any other brand so it does not make me happy to consider the current state of affairs.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Relative to parts those guns that were most popular should always have parts available like the models 870 and 700.

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Meh. Remington bankruptcy mens nothing. Colt has been sold more times than a hooker during a San Fransico fleet-week. S&W is far from the original company. Remington is the victim of a conglomeration of bankers (freedom group) that know nothing about guns. They bought Marlin and ruined the manufacturing at Marlin. H&R brand is only a name now.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In general, I do think some form of Remington will survive. If you desire Rem brand AR, Tac 14 maybe double stack 1911s too, now would be the time to snag one, same with critical /unique parts that may be discontinued. Even if the Co is sold it in pieces, one buyer may start selling "their" shotguns and some company will sell the parts until their all gone The companies Warranty liability is questionable until such time as its provided for. Yes, it's a contract but it can go down the crapper with employees retirements.

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No more rem ar's. Removed from catalog.
    Rem ARs might not have been great sellers. It could also have been action to support or mitigate the Rem/Bushmaster lawsuit: Look Judge, we already quit making them! If the machinery is still under Rems umbrella, it will be an option for the buyer. I think the Native American party that expressed interest in the sale mentioned that ARs would not be considered. That's why I think the TAC-14 might go away too.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Unless it's a 700 or 870, you need to avoid it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I stood Ammo Supply Point guard on Camp Pendleton with an 870, and I learned to love that heavy be-otch. When I got off active duty, did I run out and buy an AR? No sir. The first long arm I ever bought and got to leave the store with, and the only long arm I've ever bought that I havent sold, lmao, is my trusty 870. Long may it live.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I stood Ammo Supply Point guard on Camp Pendleton with an 870, and I learned to love that heavy be-otch. When I got off active duty, did I run out and buy an AR? No sir. The first long arm I ever bought and got to leave the store with, and the only long arm I've ever bought that I havent sold, lmao, is my trusty 870. Long may it live.
    I've got a factory police magnum SBS 870 with ghost sights and 14" barrel... it kicks like a mule but it will run!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Cstokes91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Remington has been headed downhill for a while. No reason imo to own a single one of their offerings. Ammo plagued with issues, cheaping out on their bolt rifles and leading to issues and just overall not a great brand anymore.

Latest posts

Top Bottom